- ID: Q05066
- Name: SRY
- Organism: Homo sapiens (Human)
- UniProt ID: Q05066
- Description: SRY is the gene that leads to male sexual development . In fact, females lack this gene and thus do not develop into males. . SRY works by creating the sex-determining region Y protein. This protein then attached to specific parts of the DNA and regulates the genes that are expressed. It's role is therefore a "transcription factor". .
- DNA Length: 615 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAA TCG TAC GCT TCA GCC ATG TTG AGT GTG TTC AAT AGT GAT GAC TAT TCT CCT GCC GTT CAA GAA AAT ATC CCC GCA CTT CGT CGT TCT TCG AGT TTT CTG TGC ACG GAG TCC TGC AAT AGT AAA TAC CAG TGC GAG ACT GGC GAG AAC TCC AAG GGA AAC GTG CAG GAC CGC GTG AAG CGT CCT ATG AAT GCT TTT ATC GTT TGG TCG CGC GAC CAA CGT CGT AAG ATG GCG TTA GAA AAC CCC CGT ATG CGT AAC TCC GAA ATT AGT AAG CAA TTG GGA TAC CAG TGG AAA ATG CTG ACA GAA GCA GAG AAG TGG CCG TTC TTT CAG GAA GCC CAA AAG TTG CAA GCA ATG CAC CGT GAA AAG TAT CCA AAC TAC AAA TAT CGT CCA CGT CGC AAG GCC AAA ATG CTG CCG AAG AAT TGC TCG CTG TTG CCA GCC GAC CCA GCT TCG GTC TTG TGC TCC GAG GTG CAA CTT GAT AAT CGC TTG TAC CGC GAC GAC TGT ACT AAG GCT ACT CAT TCC CGC ATG GAA CAC CAA CTG GGG CAT TTA CCT CCA ATC AAC GCG GCT TCG TCG CCT CAG CAA CGT GAC CGT TAT AGT CAC TGG ACA AAA CTG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 204 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Transcription
- Product: Sex-determining region Y protein
- Module: Transcription regulation
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- sex-determining region Y protein [Carica papaya], Max score: 415, Query cover: 97%, E-value: 7e-147, Ident: 100%, AAB58342.1 
- sex-determining region Y protein [Pan troglodytes], Max score: 410, Query cover: 100%, E-value: 6e-145, Ident: 97%, NP_001008988.1 
- sex-determining region Y protein [Pongo abelii], Max score: 399, Query cover: 100%, E-value: 1e-140, Ident: 94%, ADX95829.1 
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: Extra Credit, NA.
- Expression Level: low
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The SRY gene is needed for male sexual development . Yet, it is not native to the JCVI organism and thus it will have a low expression level.
- Expression Level References and Description: 
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Sexual development has to happen early since it will define if the organism ends up becoming male or female.
- Expression Time References and Description: NCBI.
- Other Components: SOX1 SOX1, produces Transcription factor SOX-1. This gene is part of the same family of DNA-binding proteins SOX gene family.
- Possible Dependencies: EP300 EP300, produces Histone acetyltransferase p300. This gene is needed since modulates SRY's DNA-binding activity.
- Process: Production of sex-determining region Y protein
- Inputs: NA
- Outputs: NA
- Reference: 
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file