- ID: EG10071
- Name: argS
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P11875
- Description: Arginine-tRNA ligase is an aminoacyl tRNA synthase  . It links amino acids convalently to their specific tRNA molecules through ATP hydrolysis  . Ligases are enzymes that calatyze the linking of two molecules through a chemical bond using hydrolysis, in this case of ATP . ATP hydrolysis is where energy is release through breaking one of the phosphate bonds in ATP, converting it to AMP + P . Synthases are enzymes that catalyze reactions involving the linking of two molecules, in this case linking the Arginine amino acid to its tRNA . The specific reaction is ATP + L-arginine + tRNA(Arg) = AMP + diphosphate + L-arginyl-tRNA(Arg) .
- DNA Length: 1731 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAT ATC CAG GCG CTG TTG TCT GAG AAG GTT CGT CAG GCG ATG ATC GCG GCA GGT GCC CCA GCG GAC TGT GAA CCT CAA GTA CGC CAG AGT GCT AAG GTG CAA TTC GGG GAT TAC CAA GCA AAC GGT ATG ATG GCG GTT GCT AAG AAG CTT GGT ATG GCG CCG CGC CAG TTG GCG GAG CAG GTC TTG ACG CAT TTG GAC CTG AAC GGC ATT GCG TCT AAG GTC GAA ATC GCC GGT CCG GGG TTC ATC AAC ATT TTT CTG GAC CCG GCA TTC CTG GCT GAA CAT GTA CAA CAG GCG CTT GCG AGC GAC CGT TTG GGG GTC GCG ACT CCC GAG AAG CAG ACC ATC GTC GTA GAT TAT AGC GCC CCT AAC GTC GCG AAG GAA ATG CAT GTC GGT CAC CTG CGT TCC ACA ATT ATT GGT GAT GCA GCT GTA CGC ACA CTG GAA TTC TTA GGA CAT AAG GTC ATT CGC GCT AAT CAC GTC GGG GAC TGG GGG ACA CAA TTT GGA ATG CTG ATC GCC TGG CTT GAA AAA CAA CAG CAA GAG AAC GCT GGT GAA ATG GAA CTT GCT GAT CTG GAA GGG TTT TAT CGT GAC GCA AAA AAA CAC TAC GAT GAG GAC GAA GAA TTT GCA GAG CGT GCT CGC AAC TAT GTT GTA AAA TTG CAG TCA GGG GAT GAA TAC TTT CGT GAA ATG TGG CGT AAG TTG GTT GAT ATT ACA ATG ACT CAA AAT CAG ATT ACC TAC GAT CGT CTT AAC GTA ACA CTG ACC CGC GAC GAC GTT ATG GGG GAG AGT CTG TAC AAC CCG ATG TTA CCG GGC ATC GTC GCA GAC TTG AAA GCC AAG GGC TTG GCC GTT GAA TCC GAA GGT GCA ACT GTC GTC TTT CTT GAC GAA TTC AAA AAC AAA GAG GGC GAG CCC ATG GGA GTT ATT ATT CAG AAA AAG GAT GGT GGT TAT TTG TAT ACG ACC ACG GAT ATC GCG TGT GCC AAG TAC CGT TAT GAA ACG CTT CAT GCT GAC CGT GTC CTT TAT TAT ATT GAT TCA CGC CAA CAC CAA CAC TTA ATG CAG GCT TGG GCT ATC GTC CGT AAA GCT GGA TAC GTT CCG GAG AGC GTC CCG TTG GAA CAT CAC ATG TTT GGA ATG ATG CTG GGC AAG GAC GGT AAA CCT TTT AAG ACT CGT GCC GGC GGT ACG GTT AAG TTG GCT GAC CTT TTG GAT GAA GCC CTG GAA CGC GCT CGC CGT TTG GTC GCA GAG AAG AAC CCG GAT ATG CCC GCG GAT GAA CTT GAG AAA CTG GCG AAT GCA GTT GGG ATT GGT GCC GTA AAA TAC GCG GAT TTA TCG AAG AAT CGT ACA ACT GAC TAC ATT TTC GAT TGG GAC AAT ATG TTG GCC TTC GAG GGC AAT ACG GCC CCT TAC ATG CAG TAT GCA TAC ACG CGC GTG TTA TCT GTC TTC CGT AAG GCA GAG ATT GAT GAG GAA CAG TTG GCA GCG GCG CCC GTA ATT ATT CGC GAG GAT CGC GAA GCA CAG TTA GCG GCC CGC CTT TTG CAG TTC GAG GAA ACG TTG ACG GTC GTC GCG CGT GAA GGG ACT CCA CAC GTT ATG TGT GCC TAC CTT TAC GAT CTG GCT GGT CTG TTT AGC GGG TTT TAT GAA CAT TGT CCA ATT TTA TCA GCT GAG AAT GAG GAA GTG CGC AAC TCT CGT TTG AAA CTT GCA CAA TTA ACC GCG AAG ACT TTA AAA TTA GGA CTG GAC ACA TTA GGT ATT GAA ACG GTC GAA CGT ATG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 577 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MNIQALLSEK VRQAMIAAGA PADCEPQVRQ SAKVQFGDYQ ANGMMAVAKK LGMAPRQLAE QVLTHLDLNG IASKVEIAGP GFINIFLDPA FLAEHVQQAL ASDRLGVATP EKQTIVVDYS APNVAKEMHV GHLRSTIIGD AAVRTLEFLG HKVIRANHVG DWGTQFGMLI AWLEKQQQEN AGEMELADLE GFYRDAKKHY DEDEEFAERA RNYVVKLQSG DEYFREMWRK LVDITMTQNQ ITYDRLNVTL TRDDVMGESL YNPMLPGIVA DLKAKGLAVE SEGATVVFLD EFKNKEGEPM GVIIQKKDGG YLYTTTDIAC AKYRYETLHA DRVLYYIDSR QHQHLMQAWA IVRKAGYVPE SVPLEHHMFG MMLGKDGKPF KTRAGGTVKL ADLLDEALER ARRLVAEKNP DMPADELEKL ANAVGIGAVK YADLSKNRTT DYIFDWDNML AFEGNTAPYM QYAYTRVLSV FRKAEIDEEQ LAAAPVIIRE DREAQLAARL LQFEETLTVV AREGTPHVMC AYLYDLAGLF SGFYEHCPIL SAENEEVRNS
RLKLAQLTAK TLKLGLDTLG IETVERM
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: Arginine-tRNA ligase
- Module: ATP binding
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0535.
- Expression Level: high
- Expression Level Hypothesis: I hypothesize that because tRNA molecules and the amino acids they carry are essential to creating other proteins the cell needs, there would need to be a substantial amount of Arginine-tRNA ligase in the cell.
- Expression Level References and Description: Expression level was found using the information about argS protein found in the "quantitative proteome" of E. coli reported by Schmidt et al in 2015 at File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx.
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Time Hypothesis: I hypothesize that because tRNA molecules and the amino acids they carry are essential to creating other proteins the cell needs, the argS protein would be needed right away to ligate arginine to its tRNA and thus allow the amino acid arginine to be used to create important proteins for the cell.
- Expression Time References and Description: The expression time was inferred (see hypothesis above) but no references were found and thus I am unsure of my choice of expression time.
- Other Components: This module only has one component.
- Possible Dependencies: Arginine biosynthesis.
- Process: arginyl-tRNA aminoacylation 
- Inputs: ATP, L-arginine, tRNA(Arg)
- Outputs: AMP, diphosphate, L-arginyl-tRNA(Arg)
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file