- ID: EG10376
- Name: rsmG
- Organism: E.coli
- UniProt ID: rsmG
- Description: rsmG is responsible for methylation of the N7 position of guanine in position 527 in the 530 loop of bacterial 16S rRNA. The 530 loop plays a key role in ribosomal accuracy during transcription1. Methyltransferases are enzymes that methylate their substrates which allows for strand differentiation. Methylation, affects transcription and protein-protein interactions. 2.
- DNA Length: 624 bp
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTG AAT AAG CTG TCA CTG TTA CTT AAG GAC GCC GGT ATT TCC CTT ACG GAT CAC CAA AAA AAT CAG TTG ATT GCC TAT GTG AAT ATG CTT CAC AAG TGG AAC AAA GCC TAT AAT TTG ACA TCT GTC CGT GAC CCA AAT GAG ATG CTG GTG CGC CAC ATC CTT GAT TCA ATT GTA GTC GCG CCC TAC CTT CAG GGT GAG CGT TTT ATC GAT GTG GGC ACA GGG CCT GGC TTA CCC GGT ATC CCA TTG TCA ATC GTT CGC CCA GAA GCT CAC TTT ACC CTG TTG GAC TCC TTG GGA AAA CGT GTA CGT TTC TTG CGT CAG GTC CAA CAT GAA CTG AAA TTG GAA AAC ATT GAA CCG GTA CAG AGC CGC GTT GAA GAA TTT CCG TCA GAA CCA CCT TTC GAT GGT GTA ATC TCC CGT GCT TTT GCA TCC CTG AAT GAT ATG GTC AGC TGG TGC CAT CAC CTT CCG GGA GAA CAG GGC CGC TTC TAT GCG CTT AAG GGG CAA ATG CCG GAA GAC GAA ATC GCC TTG TTG CCT GAA GAA TAT CAA GTT GAG TCG GTC GTG AAG TTG CAG GTC CCT GCA CTT GAC GGG GAA CGC CAT CTG GTG GTC ATC AAA GCT AAT AAA ATC TAA
- Amino Acid length: 207 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MLNKLSLLLK DAGISLTDHQ KNQLIAYVNM LHKWNKAYNL TSVRDPNEML VRHILDSIVV
APYLQGERFI DVGTGPGLPG IPLSIVRPEA HFTLLDSLGK RVRFLRQVQH ELKLENIEPV
QSRVEEFPSE PPFDGVISRA FASLNDMVSW CHHLPGEQGR FYALKGQMPE DEIALLPEEY
QVESVVKLQV PALDGERHLV VIKANKI
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: RRNA modification
- Product: Ribosomal RNA small subunit methyltransferase G
- Module: rRNA base methylation
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0874 E- value: 6E-27, Identities: 34% .
- Expression Level: Medium (716 protein copies/cell).
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The 530 loop is the most highly conserved structure in the entire 16S rRNA molecule, suggesting its importance in translation for the 16s segment. Its medium expression is signified by its presence, and importance in this 530 loop.
- Expression Level References and Description: NCBI 1, E.coli proteomic expression excel database File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx
- Expression Time: Late
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Base methylation occurs late in ribosome maturation, and only occurs in highly conserved rRNA sequences. Since it is not essential in small prokaryotes, and only thought to improve accuracy, it is likely that this process will occur later in the cell cycle 3
- Expression Time References and Description: NCBI 3
- Other Components: rlsmG (gene not found on wiki) is the ribosomal RNA large subunit methyltransferase G responsible for methylation of 23S rRNA at the N2 position of the G1835 nucleotide.
- Possible Dependencies: requires intact 30S subunit for methylation
- Process: Stress resistant modifications
- Inputs: S-adenosyl-L-methionine + a guanine527 in 16S rRNA
- Outputs: S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + an N7-methylguanine527 in 16S rRNA
- References: Ecocyc 4, Nature Communications 5
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file