- ID: EG10785
- Name: pth
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0A7D1
- Description: Peptidyl-tRNA hydrolase (Pth) catalyzes the removal of peptides from peptidyl-tRNAs that have been prematurely released from the ribosome. The enzyme is essential for growth in E. coli. In general, Pth relieves growth inhibition by freeing tRNAs from aborted translation products. Pth is also required for growth of bacteriophage lambda due to translation of minigene ORFs in the lambda bar region 1
- DNA Length: 585 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG ACGATTA AATTGATTGT CGGCCTGGCG AACCCCGGTG CTGAATACGC CGCAACGCGA
CATAATGCTG GTGCCTGGTT CGTTGACTTA CTGGCAGAGC GTTTGCGCGC TCCGCTGCGC
GAAGAGGCTA AATTCTTTGG TTATACTTCG CGAGTCACTC TTGGAGGCGA AGATGTCCGC
CTGTTAGTCC CGACTACATT TATGAATCTC AGCGGCAAAG CCGTTGCGGC GATGGCCAGT
TTTTTCCGCA TTAATCCGGA CGAAATTCTG GTGGCCCACG ACGAACTGGA TCTGCCTCCT
GGCGTCGCCA AATTTAAATT GGGCGGTGGC CATGGTGGTC ACAATGGACT GAAAGACATC
ATCAGTAAAT TGGGTAATAA CCCTAACTTT CACCGTTTAC GCATCGGAAT CGGTCATCCG
GGCGATAAAA ATAAAGTTGT CGGTTTTGTG TTAGGCAAAC CGCCTGTTAG TGAACAGAAG
TTAATTGATG AAGCCATTGA CGAAGCGGCG CGTTGTACTG AAATGTGGTT TACAGATGGC
TTGACCAAAG CAACGAACCG ATTGCACGCC TTTAAAGCGC AA
- Amino Acid length: 194 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MTIKLIVGLA NPGAEYAATR HNAGAWFVDL LAERLRAPLR EEAKFFGYTS RVTLGGEDVR
LLVPTTFMNL SGKAVAAMAS FFRINPDEIL VAHDELDLPP GVAKFKLGGG HGGHNGLKDI
ISKLGNNPNF HRLRIGIGHP GDKNKVVGFV LGKPPVSEQK LIDEAIDEAA RCTEMWFTDG
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: aminoacyl-tRNA
- Module: hydrolase
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0832
- Expression Level: Medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It was difficult to find any information on expression level for the pth gene in E.Coli. I exhausted all possible resources (UniProt, EcoCyc, Google Search, M. genitalium dataset, and EcoliProteomic dataset) and was unable to find a close relative or a duplicate for this specific gene. I hypothesize that its expression level is medium, however, because it is a target for inhibiting lambda growth and killing cells when they exceed a certain population size. This must occur regularly but not an excessive amount, so there's no need for a high level of expressino.
- Expression Level References and Description: I hypothesized based on the gene's functions listed in its UniProt specification.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Time Hypothesis: pth is responsible for lambda inhibition within protein synthesis so it must occur earlier in a cell's life cycle.
- Expression Time References and Description: Again, I was unable to find any clear information on a gene's expression level/time, so I inferred from its function.
- Other Components: I believe this may be the only component of the tRNA hydrolase module because I have been unable to find anymore in our bioe80 boot!
- Possible Dependencies: Unkown
- Process: Dissociates tRNA from peptidyl-tRNA
- Inputs: N-substituted peptidyl-tRNA, H20
- Outputs: N-substituted amino acid, tRNA
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file