Name: Sanura | SUID: sanura
- ID: EG10787
- Name: ptsG
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P69786
- Description: Catalyzes the phosphorylation of incoming sugar substrates concomitantly with their translocation across the cell membrane. Is a part of the phosphotransferase (PTS) system. Catalysis of the transfer of a phosphate group, usually from ATP, to a substrate molecule within the cellular membrane to facilitate in the PTS process of phosphorylation carbohydrates into the cellular membrane. This is nearing the end of the PTS system where the phosphate group is ready to be used as an energy source. P69786
- DNA Length: 1,431 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTT AAA AAT GCT TTT GCG AAT TTG CAG AAG GTT GGT AAA TCC CTT ATG TTG CCC GTA TCC GTG CTG CCA ATC GCA GGG ATT CTT TTG GGG GTG GGT AGC GCG AAC TTC TCT TGG TTG CCT GCC GTA GTG TCG CAC GTC ATG GCC GAG GCG GGG GGA TCA GTT TTT GCT AAC ATG CCG TTA ATT TTT GCG ATT GGA GTA GCC TTA GGA TTT ACG AAC AAC GAC GGA GTG AGC GCA TTG GCG GCT GTC GTG GCA TAT GGT ATT ATG GTA AAA ACG ATG GCC GTT GTG GCC CCC CTT GTC CTG CAT TTG CCA GCA GAG GAG ATC GCA TCT AAG CAC CTT GCA GAT ACG GGT GTA TTA GGC GGT ATC ATC TCA GGT GCA ATC GCT GCA TAT ATG TTT AAC CGT TTC TAC CGC ATT AAG CTT CCG GAG TAT CTG GGG TTC TTC GCT GGT AAA CGT TTC GTT CCA ATT ATT TCT GGT TTA GCG GCT ATT TTC ACC GGA GTC GTC CTT AGC TTT ATC TGG CCG CCA ATT GGT AGT GCC ATT CAA ACA TTC AGT CAA TGG GCA GCT TAT CAA AAC CCC GTG GTC GCA TTC GGC ATC TAT GGT TTT ATC GAG CGT TGC CTG GTC CCT TTC GGA CTT CAC CAT ATC TGG AAC GTA CCA TTT CAA ATG CAA ATT GGC GAG TAT ACA AAT GCA GCA GGG CAG GTT TTT CAT GGG GAT ATT CCA CGC TAC ATG GCT GGA GAC CCC ACT GCG GGG AAA CTG AGT GGA GGA TTC TTA TTC AAG ATG TAC GGC CTG CCA GCG GCA GCC ATT GCC ATC TGG CAC TCT GCT AAG CCA GAA AAT CGT GCG AAG GTC GGG GGA ATT ATG ATT TCT GCT GCC CTT ACC TCA TTT CTT ACC GGG ATC ACA GAA CCA ATC GAA TTT TCC TTT ATG TTC GTA GCT CCG ATT CTG TAT ATT ATT CAT GCC ATC TTG GCC GGA TTA GCT TTC CCC ATC TGT ATT TTG TTG GGG ATG CGC GAC GGG ACG TCA TTC TCT CAT GGG CTT ATC GAT TTT ATC GTA TTG TCT GGG AAT AGC TCG AAG CTG TGG TTA TTC CCG ATC GTA GGT ATT GGC TAT GCG ATC GTA TAT TAC ACC ATT TTC CGC GTC TTG ATT AAG GCC CTT GAC CTG AAA ACA CCG GGG CGT GAG GAT GCA ACC GAG GAC GCA AAA GCC ACT GGA ACC TCG GAA ATG GCG CCG GCA CTG GTG GCT GCG TTT GGC GGA AAA GAA AAC ATC ACC AAT CTG GAT GCC TGT ATT ACA CGT TTA CGT GTG AGC GTT GCG GAC GTC AGC AAG GTT GAC CAG GCG GGG TTG AAA AAG CTG GGA GCC GCA GGA GTT GTC GTT GCG GGA AGT GGG GTC CAA GCG ATC TTT GGT ACA AAG TCT GAT AAC CTG AAG ACT GAG ATG GAC GAA TAT ATC CGC AAC CAT
- Amino Acid length: 477 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Glucose transport & catabolism
- Product: PTS system glucose-specific EIICB component
- Module: glucose-specific EIICB component
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Name: PTS system glucose-specific EIICB component , Max score: 2,431/Query Cover: 477/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.8%, S1IDH0
- Name: PTS system glucose-specific EIICB component, Max score: 2,424/Query Cover: 477/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.6%, L2W0I6
- Name: PTS system, glucose-specific IIBC component, Max score: 2,415/Query Cover: 477/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.4%, Q0T5T5
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: Link back to the JCVI gene matching this E. coli version: MMSYN1_0779.
- Expression Level: high
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because there is no way of knowing how many or how often the sugar substrates will come, it is best to express at a high level to insure that the phosphorylation is able to continually run smoothing and concurrently with their translation across the membrane.
- Expression Level References and Description: I was able to find my gene in the database. E. coli database
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? right at the beginning
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because there is no way of knowing when or how often the sugar substrates will come, it is best to express right at the beginning to insure that the phosphorylation is able to continually run smoothly and concurrently with their translation across the membrane.
- Expression Time References and Description: I used known functions and descriptions of the gene to come up with my own hypothesis of the expression time.
- Other Components: EG10788
- Possible Dependencies: This gene is especially dependent upon the protein phosphoenolpyruvate because this is what begins the whole PTS system that it is involved in.
- Process: A process that the gene is involved in is the phosphorylation of a glucose. The glucose receives a phosphate group from the protein histidine carrier.
- Inputs: [protein]-N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine, D-glucose
- Outputs: [protein]-L-histidine, D-glucose 6-phosphate
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file