- ID: EG10876
- Name: rplO
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P02413
- Description: This gene seems to code for ribosomal protein L15 , a protein that binds to 5S rRNA. It is needed for 5S rRNA to assemble onto a ribosome , and is a binding site for erythromycin on the ribosome. There seem to be equivalent genes in many different types of organisms . L15 interacts with 23S rRNA (domain II) in partially assembled ribosomal particles . L15 is part of the larger subunit for 70S ribosomes; the smaller subunit is 30S.. Interestingly, ribosomes can still be translationally active if they’re lacking this gene .
- DNA Length: 435 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CGT CTT AAT ACC CTG TCA CCG GCA GAA GGC TCT AAA AAA GCT GGT AAG CGC TTA GGT CGT GGC ATC GGC TCG GGC CTT GGG AAG ACA GGG GGG CGT GGG CAC AAG GGA CAA AAG TCC CGT TCC GGA GGA GGA GTC CGC CGT GGT TTC GAG GGA GGC CAG ATG CCC CTT TAC CGT CGT CTG CCT AAA TTC GGT TTT ACC TCT CGC AAA GCA GCC ATC ACT GCT GAG ATC CGC TTG AGT GAC CTG GCA AAA GTA GAA GGA GGT GTG GTG GAT CTG AAC ACT TTG AAA GCT GCA AAC ATT ATT GGT ATC CAG ATT GAG TTC GCA AAA GTA ATT TTA GCG GGC GAG GTG ACA ACC CCG GTG ACT GTA CGT GGT CTG CGT GTT ACC AAG GGA GCG CGT GCT GCG ATT GAA GCA GCC GGG GGC AAA ATT GAA GAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 144 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L15
- Module: rRNA binding.
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0653.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Time: Late
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene is specifically involved with translation, so it will likely have to occur after other functions like transcription.
- Expression Time References and Description: "L15 is a late assembly protein" [source]
- Other Components: EG10883, (codes for L23, another protein of the 50S ribosomal subunit)
- Possible Dependencies: erythromycin [source]
- Reactions: (L1 + ... + Ln + ... + L36) -> 50S [source]
- Inputs: (L1 through L14) + L15 + (L16 through L36)
- Outputs: 50S ribosomal subunit
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file