- ID: EG10877
- Name: rpIP
- Organism: E.Coli
- UniProt ID: UniProt ID: P0ADY7
- Description: This protein binds directly to 23S ribosomal RNA and is located at the A site of the peptidyltransferase center. It contacts the A and P site tRNAs. It has an essential role in subunit assembly. The L16 protein is a late assembly component of the 50S subunit of the ribosome; ribosomes lacking L16 are translationally active. L2 is required for assembly of L16 into the 50S subunit.
- DNA Length: 411 Base Pairs (including STOP codon)
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTG CAG CCA AAG CGT ACC AAA TTC CGC AAA ATG CAT AAA GGT CGC AAC CGC GGA TTA GCG CAA GGG ACG GAC GTT AGC TTC GGG TCG TTT GGT CTG AAG GCA GTT GGT CGT GGA CGC CTG ACG GCC CGT CAA ATT GAG GCC GCT CGT CGC GCG ATG ACA CGT GCC GTA AAG CGC CAG GGA AAG ATC TGG ATT CGT GTC TTC CCC GAT AAG CCT ATC ACC GAA AAG CCG TTA GCC GTG CGT ATG GGG AAA GGC AAA GGA AAC GTA GAA TAT TGG GTC GCC CTT ATT CAA CCG GGC AAA GTC CTT TAT GAG ATG GAC GGC GTC CCT GAG GAA TTG GCC CGC GAA GCA TTC AAA TTA GCC GCG GCG AAG TTG CCA ATT AAG ACG ACG TTT GTA ACC AAA ACG GTT ATG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 136 Amino Acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L16
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins:
MULTISPECIES: 50S ribosomal protein L16 [Proteobacteria] 274 / 100% / 3e-93 / 100% WP_000941212.1
50S ribosomal protein L16 [Escherichia coli] 273 / 100% / 1e-92 / 99% WP_052906762.1
50S ribosomal protein L16 [Shigella sonnei] 271 / 100% / 3e-92 / 99% CSP39239.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0664 Is the JCVI-Syn3.0 equivalent.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This expression level is high due to the fact that the gene is an essential role in subunit assembly meaning that high expression is required for best assembly. The protein which the gene encodes for, L16 protein is a major late component of ribosome assembly. Due to how E. Coli are constantly replicating, this gene must expressed at a high level as translation is required for replication and protein synthesis.
- Expression Level References and Description: The gene expression level was annotated high in E. coli proteome. The gene's expression level was also denoted as high in the M. genitalium model data.
- Expression Time: Early. Given that this gene is responsible for translation, the expression time must be early as this gene must be expressed in order to convert the mRNA into amino acids and make proteins. Also based off of how this gene is responsible for an integral role in subunit assembly, one can infer that this gene must be expressed early.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Functioning ribosomes are a critical component of producing new proteins: we need to produce more functioning ribosomes in order to synthesize later components and since this gene is essential for subunit assembly it is understandable that it requires early expression time. Due to how E. Coli are constantly replicating, this gene must expressed early as translation is required for replication and protein synthesis.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate. Intermediate subunit must be formed as the L16 protein converts the intermediate subunit into a complete 50S subunit.
- Process: Protein Synthesis, Initiation in Translation
- Inputs: mRNA, 2 GTP, f-Met tRNA
- Outputs: mRNA ready for elongation, 2 GDP, Polypeptide (1), tRNA
- Reference: Prokaryotic Translation Initiation section.
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file