Part 1: Author Information
Part 1: Basic Information
glycosyltransferase, group 2 family protein
See the UniProt protein database entry for Glycosyl transferase, cps F4MQR6 in Mycoplasma mycoides subsp capri.
A description of the gene's function, its role in the cell, and its partners in the cell. Max (!) 500 words with inline references. Keep it short and sweet.
The best way to approach this is to start from some of the details you've uncovered and work your way out. Once you have an E. coli gene name, EcoCyc usually has good summaries on gene function. You can also google your gene and protein names in order to find out more about it. Elaborate on the function: if you have a 'cyclase', what does that mean? Overall, we're focused on function (what does the gene do, or how does it help something happen), rather than molecular details.
Length: 957 bp
ATG TTG GTC TCA TTT ATT ATC GCT TCG CAA GCT CAC TTA GAC CGG TTG AAG ACC ACC GTG GAC TCA ATC AAA CAC CAA ACG AAC AAT AGT CAT CAG ACA ATC ATT ATA TCA GAT TCT AAG TAC ACA GAC AAT ACT AAA CGT CAA TAT ATC AAA GAG ATT TTT GAT AAC TCA GAG AAC ATC GTG CTG TCC GAA AAT AAC ATC CCC CAG GAC ACT GCA ACG GAC TGG AAT TGT GCA ATG CAG CTT GCA AAT GGA AAA TAC GTA GTT TTC GTG AAA GAG GGC GAC TTT CTT TAC CCA AAT TTC GTC GAA GAA ATT CAG AAA ATA AGT GAC CAA CAT AAT GCA GAC TTG ATC GAG TTT AAT CAG AAC TAC AAC GGG CTT GTC GAC GAT CAG ATA TCG TAC AAC CTT CTT GAA GCG AAT AAG TTG TAT GAT CTG AAT AAA GAT TAC GAG GTA TTC GCA TAT ATC CAA AGA CTG ATC TAT ACT AAA GCT TTC AAA CTG GAC ATC ATC CGC AAG AAT AAC TTA ACT TTT CGC CGG AAA GTA AGA TTC GAC CAC CTG TTC ACT TAC AAG TTC TTG TCC TAC TCA GAC ACC TGT TAT ATT AGC GAT GAC TAC TTA TCG CTT CAT CGG ATA TCG GTG ATG AAG TAC AGT GCT TTT GAC TTA CTT CGC CAG TGG CCA CAC ATT ATC AAT TAC TTT CGC CAA ATC AAT AAG TAC AAA CTT TTG TCC GAT CAG CTT ACT TAT GCG CAT TAT TAC CAA ACT TGT TAT AAG TTC CTT GAC TTG ATA GAG AAG TAC AAC AAT CCA GTG TTG TAT AAG AAG GCT TTG AAT ATA ACC GAA AAC AAA CTG AAG AAT AAA ATC AAC CGG TTT GTA AAG AAA AAC AAG GTT TTC CTG GAG AAC AAA GAT ACC AAA TTC AAC CAG CGT ATG AAC GAC TTT GAA CGG TTT ATA TAC TCC GAG CTT AAA AAG ATA AAA TAA
Part 1: Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Unclear
- Product: Glycosyl transferase
- Module: transferase
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG11266.
- Expression Level Estimate: At which level should the gene be expressed in the cell? If you are lucky, you will find the answer in this file, which is based on E. coli proteomics. File:Ecolilevels.xlsx. If not, have a look around the web; Google your gene, and see if anything comes up. Do not spend more than 10 mins on this; use your best judgment. There is no known right answer. All that is needed is a coarse estimate (low, medium, high), which we will use when we express in our test system.
- Expression Level References and Description: Where did you gather the expression data from? If from the local file linked above, those data are from Ishihama et al., Protein abundance profiling of the Escherichia coli cytosol, BMC Genomics 20089:102 DOI: 10.1186/1471-2164-9-102 link to paper
- Expression Time Estimate: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? Contextualize the gene in terms of what it does. For example, we might need central dogma components working early, but cell division components later on. All that is needed right now is a coarse estimate (right at beginning; early; late; unknown/impossible to tell).
- Expression Time References and Description: Where did you gather the expression time information from?
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file