- ID: EG10902
- Name: rpsC
- Organism: E. Coli
- UniProt ID: UniProt ID: P0A7V3
- Description: Binds the lower part of the 30S subunit head. Binds mRNA in the 70S ribosome, positioning it for translation. By similarity plays a role in mRNA unwinding by the ribosome, possibly by forming part of a processivity clamp. The S3 protein, a component of the small subunit of the ribosome, is surface-accessible and located on the head of the 30S subunit. It can be crosslinked to rRNA and nascent peptides as well as to IF3. S3 is the main target of modification by reaction with pyridoxal phosphate.
- DNA Length: 702 Base Pairs (includes STOP codon)
- DNA sequence:
ATG GGG CAG AAA GTG CAC CCA AAC GGA ATC CGT TTG GGA ATC GTT AAG CCT TGG AAC AGT ACC TGG TTC GCG AAC ACA AAG GAA TTT GCC GAT AAC CTG GAT TCT GAC TTC AAG GTC CGC CAA TAC CTG ACT AAA GAG TTG GCG AAA GCC AGC GTG AGC CGC ATC GTG ATC GAA CGC CCT GCG AAA TCA ATT CGT GTA ACT ATC CAC ACA GCA CGT CCG GGC ATC GTT ATC GGT AAG AAA GGC GAG GAC GTA GAA AAG CTG CGT AAA GTC GTC GCT GAC ATT GCG GGT GTT CCC GCG CAA ATT AAC ATT GCA GAG GTT CGC AAG CCT GAG CTG GAC GCG AAG TTA GTT GCT GAC TCC ATC ACT TCT CAG TTA GAA CGT CGC GTA ATG TTT CGT CGT GCC ATG AAG CGT GCA GTG CAG AAT GCT ATG CGT TTG GGT GCG AAG GGA ATC AAG GTT GAG GTA TCA GGG CGT CTT GGG GGT GCA GAA ATT GCT CGT ACA GAA TGG TAC CGC GAA GGG CGT GTT CCG CTT CAC ACC CTT CGT GCG GAT ATC GAC TAT AAT ACA TCC GAG GCC CAT ACC ACA TAC GGA GTC ATC GGC GTC AAG GTG TGG ATC TTT AAG GGA GAG ATC CTT GGA GGT ATG GCG GCG GTG GAG CAA CCT GAG AAA CCC GCC GCC CAA CCG AAA AAA CAA CAA CGC AAA GGT CGT AAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 233 Amino Acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 30S ribosomal protein S3
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins:
MULTISPECIES: 30S ribosomal protein S3 [Bacteria] 471 / 100% / 4e-168 / 100%, WP_000529945.1
30S ribosomal protein S3 [Salmonella enterica] 471 / 100% / 4e-168 / 99%, WP_079984901.1
30S ribosomal protein S3 [Escherichia coli] 471 / 100% / 5e-168 / 99%, WP_000529943.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: JCVI-Syn3.0 Equivalent Wiki MMSYN1 0665
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Based on the gene's function, it has a high expression level because this gene plays an integral role in the process of protein synthesis - especially translation. Since the gene is used as one of the main component of translation and is used every time a protein is being synthesized, the gene's expression level is very high. Due to how E. Coli are constantly replicating, this gene must expressed at a high level as translation is required for replication and protein synthesis.
- Expression Level References and Description: The gene expression was annotated high in E. coli proteome. The gene expression was also annotated as high in the M. genitalium model data.
- Expression Time: Early. Given that the gene's function is to help position for translation and to aid the translation process which occurs all the time as protein synthesis is always occuring, the expression time would be all the time. Despite this, what is being built would require gene's used for protein synthesis to have very early expression time. In conclusion this gene aids in translation and would require an early expression time.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Based on the gene's function, the expression time must be early because the gene aids in translation and in order to create any other proteins, the gene must be expressed. Protein synthesis is a process that occurs all the time within a cell and due to this the gene requires an early expression time because without it protein synthesis would not be able to undergo translation. Due to how E. Coli are constantly replicating, this gene must expressed early as translation is required for replication and protein synthesis.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate.
- Process: Protein synthesis, Translation Initiation
- Inputs: mRNA, 2 GTP, f-Met tRNA
- Outputs: mRNA ready for elongation, 2 GDP, Polypeptide (1), tRNA
- Reference: Prokaryotic Translation Initiation section.
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file