- ID: EG10909
- Name: rpsJ
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0A7R5
- Description: Encodes for S10 protein of 30S ribosome. Involved in the binding of tRNA to the ribosomes. E.coli_ribosomes
- DNA Length: 312 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAA AAT CAA CGT ATC CGC ATC CGC CTG AAG GCG TTC GAC CAC CGC CTT ATC GAT CAG GCA ACG GCT GAG ATC GTG GAA ACC GCA AAG CGC ACC GGG GCG CAA GTT CGT GGG CCC ATT CCT TTA CCC ACG CGC AAA GAA CGC TTC ACC GTG CTT ATT TCA CCC CAC GTG AAT AAA GAC GCA CGC GAC CAG TAC GAG ATT CGC ACC CAT TTA CGT CTT GTT GAC ATT GTT GAA CCC ACT GAG AAG ACG GTC GAC GCC CTT ATG CGC CTG GAT TTA GCT GCC GGT GTT GAT GTC CAA ATT TCT CTT GGG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 104 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 30S ribosomal protein S10
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0672.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Protein is subunit to ribosome. Ribosome critical for translation. (~ 100,000 copies/cell)
- Expression Level References and Description: File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Gene encodes for protein crucial in ribosomes responsible for translation.
- Expression Time References and Description: (bscb.org/ribosome)
- Other Components: EG10919: rpsT, 30S ribosomal subunit protein S20
- Possible Dependencies: One possible dependency of the ribosome is histidine biosynthesis because the ribosome requires amino acids in order to be of use.
- Process: Formation of 30s ribosomal subunit
- Inputs: 16s ribosomal RNA & the 30s ribosomal subunit proteins S1-S21(http://www.biochem.umd.edul)
- Outputs: 30s ribosome subunit
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file