- ID: EG10912
- Name: rpsM
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0A7S9
- Description: Ribosomal protein S13 is one of the proteins from the small ribosomal subunit. In Escherichia coli, S13 is known to be involved in binding fMet-tRNA and, hence, in the initiation of translation. It is a basic protein of 115 to 177 amino-acid residues that contains thee helices and a beta-hairpin in the core of the protein, forming a helix-two turns-helix (H2TH) motif, and a non-globular C-terminal extension. This family of ribosomal proteins is present in prokaryotes, eukaryotes and archaea. (ebi.ac.uk)
- DNA Length: 357 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
GTG GCG CGT ATT GCG GGC ATT AAT ATC CCG GAT CAT AAA CAC GCA GTT ATC GCT TTA ACT TCA ATT TAT GGA GTT GGA AAA ACT CGC AGT AAG GCG ATT TTA GCT GCT GCC GGT ATC GCC GAA GAC GTG AAA ATT TCG GAG TTA TCG GAG GGG CAG ATT GAT ACA TTG CGT GAT GAG GTT GCT AAG TTC GTG GTG GAA GGG GAC TTG CGT CGT GAA ATT TCG ATG TCA ATC AAA CGC CTG ATG GAC TTA GGT TGT TAC CGC GGG TTA CGC CAT CGC CGT GGC TTA CCA GTT CGC GGC CAG CGC ACA AAG ACG AAT GCC CGT ACA CGC AAA GGG CCA CGC AAG CCA ATT AAA AAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 121 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 30S ribosome protein S13
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0647.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Protein is subunit to ribosome. Ribosome critical for translation. (~ 100,000 copies/cell)
- Expression Level References and Description: File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Gene encodes for protein crucial in ribosomes responsible for translation.
- Expression Time References and Description: (bscb.org/ribosome)
- Other Components: EG10919: rpsT, 30S ribosomal subunit protein S20
- Possible Dependencies: One possible dependency of the ribosome is histidine biosynthesis because the ribosome requires amino acids in order to be of use.
- Process: Formation of 30s ribosomal subunit
- Inputs: 16s ribosomal RNA & the 30s ribosomal subunit proteins S1-S21(http://www.biochem.umd.edul)
- Outputs: 30s ribosome subunit
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file