Michael Morrissey: 06024019
- ID: EG10919
- Name: rpsT
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0A7U7
- Description: Description: The S20 protein is a component of the 30S subunit of the ribosome and appears to be involved in translation initiation and the association of the 30S and 50S subunits. S20 was also identified as antizyme 1, an inhibitor of the biosynthetic ornithine and arginine decarboxylases; these enzymes are involved in the biosynthesis of polyamine. Binds directly to 16S ribosomal RNA. Source: ecocyc.org
- DNA Length: 264 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ttgGCTAATA TCAAATCAGC TAAGAAGCGC GCCATTCAGT CTGAAAAGGC TCGTAAGCAC
AACGCAAGCC GTCGCTCTAT GATGCGTACT TTCATCAAGA AAGTATACGC AGCTATCGAA
GCTGGCGACA AAGCTGCTGC ACAGAAAGCA TTTAACGAAA TGCAACCGAT CGTGGACCGT
CAGGCTGCTA AAGGTCTGAT CCACAAAAAC AAAGCTGCAC GTCATAAGGC TAACCTGACT
GCACAGATCA ACAAACTGGC Ttaa
- Amino Acid length: 87 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MANIKSAKKR AIQSEKARKH NASRRSMMRT FIKKVYAAIE AGDKAAAQKA FNEMQPIVDR
QAAKGLIHKN KAARHKANLT AQINKLA
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 30S ribosomal subunit protein S20.
- Module: ribosomal subunit RNA binding.
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: A link to the identified MMSYN1_0082
- Expression Level: high.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene is a subunit, essential to build ribosomes As ribosomes are a prominent feature in any cell, it makes sense that its subunits should be produced in high levels
- Expression Level References and Description: Expression Level was found in the following documentation: Proteomic Expression Data
- Expression Time: early
- Expression Time Hypothesis: as new cells grow, building new ribosomes is one of the first things they have to do in order increase protein synthesis capability. This protein is part of building ribosomes
- Expression Time References and Description: Expression time was gather from functional information of the gene found at [link]
- Other Components: EG10909 rpsJ: Encodes for S10 protein of 30S ribosome.
- Possible Dependencies: One possible dependency of the ribosome is histidine biosynthesis because the ribosome requires amino acids in order to be of use.
- Process: formation of the 30S ribosomal subunit. Sources:(MMSYN1_0672 & http://www.biochem.umd.edul)
- Inputs: 16s ribosomal RNA & the 30s ribosomal subunit proteins S1-S21
- Outputs: 30s ribosome subunit
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file