Josh Lange | jelange
- ID: EG11009
- Name: tolC
- Organism: E.coli
- UniProt ID: 
- Description: efflux ABC transporters expelled toxins from cells (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATP-binding_cassette_transporter). ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters are efflux transporters found in all organisms. These proteins are responsible for pumping xenobiotic and endogenous metabolites through extra- and intracellular membranes, thereby reducing cellular concentrations of toxic compounds (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22036897).
DNA Length: 5,367 base pairs.
- DNA Length: 1,482 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAA AAG CTG CTT CCA ATC TTA ATC GGC CTG TCG CTT TCT GGT TTT TCA TCC CTT TCA CAA GCA GAG AAC TTG ATG CAG GTC TAT CAA CAA GCG CGC CTG TCT AAT CCC GAA CTG CGC AAA TCT GCG GCT GAC CGC GAT GCG GCG TTT GAA AAA ATT AAT GAA GCA CGT TCT CCT CTG TTA CCT CAG CTT GGT CTG GGC GCA GAT TAC ACG TAT TCT AAT GGC TAC CGT GAC GCG AAT GGA ATT AAT TCC AAT GCG ACA AGC GCG AGC CTG CAG CTT ACA CAA TCC ATC TTT GAT ATG TCC AAA TGG CGC GCT CTG ACT TTA CAA GAA AAG GCT GCC GGA ATT CAG GAC GTT ACG TAT CAG ACA GAC CAA CAA ACC TTA ATC CTG AAC ACC GCA ACT GCC TAC TTT AAC GTG CTT AAC GCC ATT GAT GTA TTA TCG TAC ACC CAG GCC CAG AAA GAG GCT ATC TAC CGT CAG CTT GAC CAA ACA ACG CAA CGC TTT AAC GTG GGG CTG GTG GCA ATT ACA GAC GTA CAA AAT GCA CGC GCC CAG TAT GAC ACC GTC CTT GCA AAT GAG GTG ACC GCC CGT AAT AAT CTT GAC AAT GCG GTG GAG CAG TTA CGC CAG ATC ACC GGG AAT TAT TAT CCA GAA TTA GCC GCC CTT AAC GTC GAA AAT TTT AAG ACA GAT AAA CCT CAG CCT GTA AAT GCG TTA CTG AAG GAA GCG GAA AAG CGT AAT TTG TCC TTG CTT CAG GCT CGT TTA TCG CAG GAC CTT GCA CGC GAA CAG ATT CGC CAG GCC CAG GAC GGC CAC CTG CCG ACG TTG GAT CTG ACG GCA AGT ACT GGG ATC AGC GAT ACT AGT TAC AGT GGC AGT AAA ACC CGT GGG GCA GCA GGG ACG CAA TAC GAC GAT TCC AAC ATG GGT CAA AAT AAA GTG GGG CTT TCA TTT AGT TTG CCT ATT TAT CAA GGT GGT ATG GTT AAC TCC CAG GTT AAA CAA GCC CAG TAC AAC TTC GTA GGA GCG AGC GAA CAA CTG GAA TCC GCT CAT CGT AGT GTG GTA CAG ACT GTA CGC TCG TCG TTT AAT AAT ATT AAT GCG TCT ATC TCT AGT ATT AAC GCG TAC AAA CAG GCG GTG GTC TCA GCG CAA TCA TCG CTT GAC GCG ATG GAA GCA GGT TAC TCT GTC GGT ACC CGC ACC ATT GTA GAT GTC CTG GAT GCG ACT ACG ACT TTG TAT AAC GCA AAG CAA GAA TTG GCG AAC GCG CGC TAC AAT TAT CTG ATT AAC CAA TTA AAC ATT AAG TCG GCT CTT GGC ACG TTG AAC GAA CAG GAT TTG TTG GCG TTA AAT AAC GCT TTG AGT AAA CCC GTA TCG ACA AAT CCT GAA AAT GTA GCG CCC CAG ACT CCG GAA CAA AAT GCA ATC GCG GAC GGT TAC GCA CCG GAT AGC CCC GCC CCC GTC GTA CAA CAA ACC TCG GCA CGT ACT ACA ACG TCG AAC GGT CAT AAC CCC TTT CGC AAC TAA
- Amino Acid length: 511 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Efflux
- Product: permease protein
- Module: Cell membrane
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0034 jelange
- Expression Level: High.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since this gene acts as a pump, the gene needs to be expressed quite a lot in order for the e.coli pumps out waste.
- Expression Level References and Description: The E. coli proteome dataset had a concentration of 6584 for tolC.
- Expression Time: Early.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Of all the efflux proteins, the ABC family is the most important and necessary for a cell's survival. As soon as a cell begins to process ATP it needs a way to dispose of waste and the cell begins to process/synthesize ATP as soon as it is created, so this gene is expressed early.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: None (I believe)
- Possible Dependencies: Various activators but none are in our wiki (e.g. marA) . RNAP MMSYN1_0128 is necessary for synthesis of tolC.
- Process: process is "Efflux" so I consider input to be what tolC brings into the cell and output what it ejects
- Inputs: colicin E1
- Outputs: AcrAB-TolC, AcrEF-TolC, EmrAB-TolC, MacAB-TolC
- References: 
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file