- ID: EG11030
- Name: trpS
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P00954
- Description: Tryptophan-tRNA ligase (TrpRS) is a member of the family of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, which interpret the genetic code by covalently linking amino acids to their specific tRNA molecules. The reaction is driven by ATP hydrolysis. TrpRS belongs to the Class I aminoacyl tRNA synthetases. 
- DNA Length: 1005 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG ACT AAG CCT ATC GTG TTT TCC GGC GCT CAA CCG TCT GGT GAG CTG ACC ATT GGA AAC TAT ATG GGC GCC TTA CGT CAG TGG GTG AAC ATG CAG GAT GAC TAT CAT TGT ATC TAC TGT ATC GTG GAC CAG CAC GCC ATC ACT GTC CGC CAG GAC GCG CAG AAG TTG CGC AAA GCT ACT CTT GAT ACA CTT GCA TTG TAT CTG GCT TGC GGA ATT GAC CCA GAA AAG TCG ACA ATT TTT GTT CAG AGT CAT GTG CCA GAG CAC GCT CAA CTG GGC TGG GCG CTT AAT TGC TAT ACT TAT TTT GGT GAG CTG AGT CGT ATG ACT CAA TTC AAA GAC AAA TCT GCC CGC TAC GCT GAG AAT ATC AAC GCC GGG TTA TTT GAC TAC CCC GTC TTG ATG GCC GCG GAC ATC TTG TTA TAC CAG ACA AAC CTG GTA CCA GTT GGC GAA GAC CAG AAA CAA CAT TTG GAA CTG TCG CGC GAC ATT GCC CAG CGT TTT AAC GCG CTG TAC GGG GAA ATC TTT AAA GTA CCG GAG CCG TTT ATT CCC AAA TCA GGC GCC CGC GTA ATG TCT CTT CTT GAG CCA ACG AAA AAG ATG AGT AAG TCT GAT GAT AAC CGC AAC AAT GTA ATT GGT TTG TTG GAG GAC CCC AAG TCC GTA GTG AAA AAG ATT AAA CGC GCT GTA ACT GAT TCC GAC GAA CCG CCG GTT GTC CGT TAC GAC GTG CAA AAT AAG GCA GGT GTT TCG AAC TTG CTT GAC ATT CTT TCC GCG GTG ACG GGC CAG TCA ATT CCA GAA CTT GAA AAA CAG TTC GAA GGT AAG ATG TAT GGA CAT TTG AAA GGA GAA GTG GCA GAC GCT GTC TCA GGT ATG TTA ACA GAA CTG CAA GAA CGC TAC CAC CGT TTC CGC AAT GAC GAG GCA TTT CTT CAG CAG GTG ATG AAA GAC GGG GCG GAA AAG GCC TCT GCA CAT GCT AGC CGC ACT CTG AAA GCC GTA TAC GAG GCC ATT GGT TTT GTG GCG AAA CCT TAA
- Amino Acid length: 334 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MTKPIVFSGA QPSGELTIGN YMGALRQWVN MQDDYHCIYC IVDQHAITVR QDAQKLRKAT
LDTLALYLAC GIDPEKSTIF VQSHVPEHAQ LGWALNCYTY FGELSRMTQF KDKSARYAEN
INAGLFDYPV LMAADILLYQ TNLVPVGEDQ KQHLELSRDI AQRFNALYGE IFKVPEPFIP
KSGARVMSLL EPTKKMSKSD DNRNNVIGLL EDPKSVVKKI KRAVTDSDEP PVVRYDVQNK
AGVSNLLDIL SAVTGQSIPE LEKQFEGKMY GHLKGEVADA VSGMLTELQE RYHRFRNDEA
FLQQVMKDGA EKASAHASRT LKAVYEAIGF VAKP
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: Tryptophan--tRNA ligase
- Module: Protein biosynthesis
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0308.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: A lot of translation needs to occur, so it makes sense that one of the enzymes that facilitates transcription would also need to be expressed at a high level.
- Expression Level References and Description: excel spreadsheet
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This is based on the central dogma, in order for an organism to function translation needs to occur early on.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components in the functional module.This module has only one component, which is ligase, because it doesn't require anything else to function.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA
- Process: tRNA ligation
- Inputs: tRNA, and tryptophan synthesis
- Outputs: ligated amino acid and tRNA
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file