- ID: EG11043
- Name: tyrS
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0AGJ9
- Description: tyrS gene codes protein TyrRS. TyrRS is a member of the family of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, which interpret the genetic code by covalently linking amino acids to their specific tRNA molecules. The reaction is driven by ATP hydrolysis. TyrRS belongs to the Class IC aminoacyl tRNA synthetases. TyrRS catalyzes the attachment of tyrosine to tRNA(Tyr) in a two-step reaction: tyrosine is first activated by ATP to form Tyr-AMP and then transferred to the acceptor end of tRNA(Tyr). It is located in the cytoplasm and functions in protein biosynthesis.
- DNA Length: 1275 base pairs (incl. stop codon)
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCG TCC TCA AAT TTG ATT AAA CAG CTG CAA GAG CGC GGG CTG GTG GCT CAG GTC ACT GAT GAG GAG GCT TTA GCG GAA CGT TTA GCC CAA GGG CCG ATC GCG CTG TAC TGT GGC TTT GAC CCA ACG GCT GAC TCA CTT CAT TTG GGT CAC CTT GTC CCT CTT TTA TGT CTG AAG CGT TTT CAA CAG GCT GGA CAC AAG CCG GTA GCG CTG GTG GGG GGA GCG ACG GGT TTG ATC GGC GAT CCC TCT TTC AAA GCA GCC GAG CGC AAG TTA AAT ACA GAA GAG ACA GTC CAA GAA TGG GTT GAC AAG ATC CGC AAG CAA GTG GCC CCT TTT CTT GAT TTC GAC TGC GGG GAA AAC TCC GCA ATT GCT GCG AAT AAC TAT GAC TGG TTT GGG AAT ATG AAT GTC CTG ACG TTT TTG CGT GAC ATT GGT AAG CAC TTT AGT GTA AAT CAA ATG ATT AAC AAA GAG GCC GTG AAA CAG CGT TTG AAC CGC GAA GAC CAG GGT ATC TCA TTT ACA GAG TTT TCT TAT AAC CTT CTT CAA GGC TAC GAT TTT GCG TGC TTA AAC AAG CAG TAT GGC GTA GTG TTG CAA ATC GGG GGT TCA GAT CAG TGG GGT AAC ATC ACA AGC GGT ATT GAT TTA ACC CGT CGT CTG CAT CAG AAC CAA GTG TTC GGG TTA ACC GTG CCC CTT ATC ACA AAA GCC GAT GGA ACG AAA TTT GGG AAG ACG GAG GGT GGC GCC GTA TGG CTG GAT CCT AAG AAA ACT AGT CCA TAT AAA TTT TAT CAG TTC TGG ATT AAC ACG GCA GAC GCT GAC GTT TAC CGC TTC TTA AAG TTT TTC ACA TTT ATG TCG ATT GAG GAA ATT AAC GCT CTT GAG GAA GAA GAC AAG AAT TCC GGA AAA GCG CCA CGT GCC CAA TAC GTC TTG GCA GAG CAG GTA ACT CGC TTA GTG CAC GGC GAG GAA GGA TTA CAG GCT GCT AAA CGC ATT ACC GAA TGC TTA TTT TCT GGG AGC TTA TCG GCC TTG AGC GAG GCC GAT TTT GAA CAG TTA GCT CAA GAC GGA GTG CCT ATG GTC GAG ATG GAA AAG GGT GCC GAT TTA ATG CAA GCA CTT GTT GAT AGT GAG TTG CAG CCG TCC CGT GGA CAG GCT CGC AAG ACT ATT GCA TCA AAC GCT ATT ACC ATT AAC GGG GAG AAA CAA TCA GAT CCA GAG TAT TTT TTC AAA GAG GAA GAC CGC CTG TTC GGG CGC TTC ACT TTG TTG CGT CGC GGA AAA AAG AAT TAC TGC CTT ATT TGT TGG AAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 424 amino acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: tyrosine—tRNA ligase
- Module: Tyrosine synthesis
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0613
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Tyrosine accounts for ~3% of amino acids in E. coli genes .
- Expression Level References and Description: Annotated high in E. coli proteome, File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: tyrRS is involved in protein synthesis in translation, which occurs after transcription. So we would want the gene to be expressed early.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Other Components: TyrB, TyrB is the primary enzyme contributing to the synthesis of tyrosine.  (NOTE: TyrB not in database).
- Possible Dependencies: Transamination, conversion of a ketoacid to the aminoacid. Required for the third step of the pathway. 
- Process: L-tyrosine biosynthesis
- Inputs: chorismate, NAD+, L-glutamate
- Outputs: NADH, CO2, 2-exoglutarate, L-tyrosine
- Reference: EcoCyc 
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file