- ID: EG11062
- Name: uvrB
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P0A8F8
- Description: The UvrABC repair system catalyzes the recognition and processing of DNA lesions. A damage recognition complex composed of 2 UvrA and 2 UvrB subunits scans DNA for abnormalities. Upon binding of the UvrA2B2 complex to a putative damaged site, the DNA wraps around one UvrB monomer. DNA wrap is dependent on ATP binding by UvrB and probably causes local melting of the DNA helix, facilitating insertion of UvrB beta-hairpin between the DNA strands. Then UvrB probes one DNA strand for the presence of a lesion. If a lesion is found the UvrA subunits dissociate and the UvrB-DNA preincision complex is formed. This complex is subsequently bound by UvrC and the second UvrB is released. If no lesion is found, the DNA wraps around the other UvrB subunit that will check the other stand for damage. UniProtKB
- DNA Length: 2022 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AGT AAG CCA TTC AAG CTT AAT TCG GCG TTC AAG CCG AGT GGC GAC CAG CCG GAG GCA ATC CGC CGC TTA GAG GAA GGA CTG GAG GAC GGC TTG GCT CAT CAG ACT CTT TTA GGG GTC ACT GGG TCT GGA AAG ACT TTC ACC ATT GCC AAT GTG ATT GCA GAC TTA CAG CGC CCA ACT ATG GTC CTT GCA CCG AAC AAG ACT TTG GCA GCG CAA TTA TAT GGG GAA ATG AAG GAG TTT TTT CCA GAG AAT GCG GTA GAA TAT TTC GTC TCG TAC TAC GAT TAT TAC CAA CCC GAA GCC TAC GTT CCT TCT TCG GAC ACA TTT ATC GAG AAG GAT GCC TCA GTG AAT GAA CAT ATC GAA CAA ATG CGC CTT TCA GCA ACC AAG GCT ATG TTA GAG CGC CGC GAT GTG GTG GTA GTT GCG AGC GTC AGT GCG ATC TAC GGC TTA GGC GAT CCC GAT TTA TAT TTG AAG ATG ATG TTA CAC TTG ACA GTC GGA ATG ATT ATT GAT CAG CGC GCA ATT CTT CGC CGC TTA GCT GAA TTA CAA TAT GCT CGT AAC GAT CAA GCG TTT CAA CGT GGG ACT TTC CGT GTC CGC GGG GAA GTA ATT GAC ATT TTT CCG GCA GAG AGT GAC GAC ATT GCT CTG CGC GTA GAA CTT TTT GAT GAA GAA GTG GAG CGC TTA AGC CTG TTC GAT CCC CTT ACG GGA CAG ATT GTC TCA ACT ATC CCA CGT TTT ACG ATT TAC CCC AAG ACG CAC TAT GTC ACC CCA CGT GAA CGC ATT GTA CAA GCG ATG GAA GAA ATC AAG GAA GAA CTT GCG GCG CGC CGC AAG GTC CTT CTT GAG AAC AAT AAA CTG CTT GAG GAG CAG CGT TTG ACA CAA CGT ACT CAG TTC GAT CTG GAG ATG ATG AAT GAG CTT GGC TAT TGT TCG GGA ATC GAA AAC TAC TCG CGC TTT TTA TCC GGA CGC GGT CCA GGC GAA CCT CCC CCG ACT TTG TTT GAT TAT TTA CCC GCC GAC GGC TTG CTG GTC GTT GAC GAG TCA CAC GTA ACG ATC CCA CAG ATT GGT GGT ATG TAC CGT GGT GAT CGT GCG CGC AAA GAG ACC TTA GTC GAG TAC GGG TTT CGC CTT CCC TCG GCT TTG GAT AAT CGT CCT TTG AAG TTC GAA GAG TTC GAA GCT CTT GCT CCT CAG ACC ATC TAT GTG AGC GCC ACC CCC GGC AAT TAC GAA CTG GAG AAG TCG GGA GGT GAC GTC GTG GAT CAA GTT GTG CGC CCT ACT GGT CTT TTG GAT CCG ATT ATC GAA GTC CGT CCA GTC GCT ACA CAG GTA GAC GAC CTG TTA AGC GAG ATT CGT CAG CGT GCT GCT ATT AAC GAG CGT GTG TTA GTC ACC ACA TTG ACC AAA CGT ATG GCC GAA GAC CTG ACA GAA TAC TTG GAA GAA CAT GGC GAG CGT GTA CGC TAT TTA CAT TCC GAC ATC GAC ACC GTC GAA CGC ATG GAA ATT ATC CGT GAC TTG CGC CTT GGG GAA TTC GAC GTT TTA GTC GGA ATT AAT CTT CTT CGC GAG GGA TTG GAT ATG CCA GAG GTC TCT TTG GTC GCT ATT TTG GAT GCA GAC AAG GAG GGC TTC CTG CGT TCT GAA CGT TCA CTG ATC CAA ACT ATC GGT CGC GCG GCA CGC AAT GTC AAT GGA AAA GCC ATC CTG TAC GGG GAC AAA ATC ACG CCG TCC ATG GCG AAG GCA ATC GGA GAA ACG GAG CGT CGT CGT GAG AAA CAG CAA AAA TAT AAT GAG GAA CAT GGA ATC ACG CCT CAA GGA TTG AAT AAA AAG GTT GTC GAC ATC CTG GCG TTA GGT CAG AAT ATC GCT AAG ACT AAA GCA AAG GGC CGT GGA AAG TCG CGT CCT ATC GTG GAA CCT GAC AAT GTC CCG ATG GAT ATG TCA CCA AAA GCC TTA CAG CAG AAG ATC CAC GAG CTG GAG GGC CTT ATG ATG CAA CAT GCT CAG AAT CTG GAA TTC GAG GAA GCC GCT CAA ATC CGC GAT CAG CTT CAC CAG TTG CGT GAA CTG TTC ATT GCT GCT AGC TAA
- Amino Acid length: 673 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: DNA repair
- Product: UvrABC system protein B
- Module: ATP
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0825_veeral
- Expression Level: medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The gene has expression level medium because it's important for the DNA lesions to be repaired, but not too important because a gene can still be expressed even without perfect DNA base pairing.
- Expression Level References and Description: E. coli model data
- Expression Time: early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: I think the expression time is "early" because the uvrb gene needs to repair any malformed DNA before it is transcribed to RNA. As a result, we'd want this gene to be expressed early in the lifecycle.
- Expression Time References and Description: Gene description
- Other Components: EG_11061_rperez4
- Possible Dependencies: DNA
- Process: DNA repair
- Inputs: mutated DNA
- Outputs: fixed DNA
- Reference: Wikipedia
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file