- ID: EG12044
- Name: rsuA.
- Organism: E.coli
- UniProt ID: rsuA
- Description: Responsible for synthesis of pseudouridine from uracil-516 in 16S ribosomal RNA. The 16s ribosomal RNA is highly conserved and defines the structural position of the ribosomal proteins1. Pseudouridineis commonly found in tRNA, and although its function is not very clear, it is expected to play a role in the initiation of translation. Studies demonstrate that pseudouridylation of RNA is an important natural selective advantage in E.coli 2.
- DNA Length: 696 bp
- DNA sequence:
ATG CGC CTT GAC AAA TTT ATC GCC CAA CAA CTG GGT GTG TCG CGT GCA ATC GCG GGA CGT GAA ATT CGT GGT AAC CGT GTC ACG GTT GAT GGC GAG ATT GTA CGC AAC GCA GCC TTC AAG TTA TTG CCA GAG CAC GAT GTT GCT TAT GAC GGA AAC CCG CTG GCC CAG CAG CAC GGT CCG CGC TAC TTC ATG TTG AAC AAG CCG CAG GGT TAT GTT TGT AGT ACG GAC GAC CCG GAC CAT CCT ACA GTG TTG TAT TTC TTG GAT GAG CCC GTA GCT TGG AAA TTA CAC GCA GCG GGC CGC CTG GAT ATC GAC ACT ACC GGG TTG GTC CTT ATG ACG GAC GAC GGA CAG TGG TCG CAT CGT ATC ACT AGT CCT CGC CAT CAT TGC GAA AAG ACC TAC CTT GTC ACC CTG GAA AGT CCC GTG GCT GAT GAT ACA GCG GAG CAG TTT GCA AAG GGC GTT CAA CTG CAC AAC GAG AAA GAT TTG ACC AAG CCT GCT GTC CTG GAA GTG ATC ACT CCG ACA CAG GTA CGC TTG ACC ATC AGC GAG GGG CGC TAT CAT CAA GTA AAG CGT ATG TTC GCC GCT GTG GGT AAC CAC GTC GTC GAA CTG CAT CGC GAG CGC ATC GGT GGC ATC ACC CTT GAT GCG GAT TTG GCT CCG GGA GAA TAT CGT CCT CTT ACC GAG GAA GAA ATC GCT TCT GTG GTA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 231 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MRLDKFIAQQ LGVSRAIAGR EIRGNRVTVD GEIVRNAAFK LLPEHDVAYD GNPLAQQHGP
RYFMLNKPQG YVCSTDDPDH PTVLYFLDEP VAWKLHAAGR LDIDTTGLVL MTDDGQWSHR
ITSPRHHCEK TYLVTLESPV ADDTAEQFAK GVQLHNEKDL TKPAVLEVIT PTQVRLTISE
GRYHQVKRMF AAVGNHVVEL HRERIGGITL DADLAPGEYR PLTEEEIASV V
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: RRNA modification
- Product: Ribosomal small subunit pseudouridine synthase A
- Module: pseudouridine synthase
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0329 E value: 7e-30, Identity: 31%
- Expression Level: High (1816 protein copies/cell).
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since this gene is predicted to be necessary for the initiation of translation, its high expression is logical. Though still unknown, its main function is expected to be essential to a specific tRNA, as they are universally distributed enzymes in the cell.
- Expression Level References and Description: PubMed 2. Ecoli proteomic expression spreadsheet. File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Expression would need to occur early on considering translation is necessary for protein synthesis. The 16s region is also highly important to the structure of the cell, indicating the need for early expression.
- Expression Time References and Description: Oxford Microbiology Letters 3.
- Other Components: EG12609 ri25chen or RluA which is also involved in ribosomal pseurodine synthesis. RluA specifically affects uracil-746 in 23S ribosomal RNA.
- Possible Dependencies: Transcription, demethylation of thymine 4
- Process: posttranscriptional modification of cellular RNAs
- Inputs: a uridine516 in 16S rRNA
- Outputs: a 16S rRNA pseudouridine516
- Reference: EcoCyc 
- Predicted Translation Rate:
- Design Notes:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file