Name: Sanura N'Jaka | SUID: sanura
- ID: EG12296
- Name: gpmI
- Organism: E. coli
- UniProt ID: P37689
- Description: This gene is involved in step 3 of a subpathway of glycolysis that synthesizes pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate. Specifically, it catalyzes the interconversion of 2-phosphoglycerate (2-PGA) and 3-phosphoglycerate (3-PGA).
- DNA Length: 1,542 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTG GTT AGT AAG AAA CCA ATG GTT TTG GTA ATT TTG GAC GGG TAC GGG TAT CGC GAG GAG CAA CAG GAC AAC GCG ATC TTT TCT GCC AAA ACT CCG GTG ATG GAT GCA CTT TGG GCA AAT CGT CCA CAC ACA TTG ATC GAT GCA AGT GGG CTG GAA GTC GGC CTT CCA GAT CGC CAG ATG GGA AAC TCC GAA GTG GGC CAT GTT AAT CTG GGC GCT GGA CGC ATT GTG TAT CAA GAC TTA ACG CGC CTG GAC GTT GAG ATC AAA GAT CGT GCG TTC TTC GCT AAC CCA GTC CTT ACA GGA GCC GTA GAC AAA GCA AAA AAT GCC GGC AAG GCC GTC CAT ATT ATG GGC CTG TTA TCT GCC GGA GGT GTG CAT AGC CAT GAA GAC CAC ATT ATG GCA ATG GTG GAA TTA GCC GCA GAG CGC GGC GCG GAG AAA ATT TAT CTG CAC GCA TTT TTG GAT GGC CGT GAT ACA CCA CCC CGC TCG GCG GAG AGT TCT TTA AAG AAG TTT GAG GAG AAG TTC GCA GCA CTG GGT AAA GGG CGT GTC GCG TCA ATC ATC GGG CGC TAT TAT GCG ATG GAC CGT GAT AAT CGC TGG GAT CGC GTA GAG AAG GCT TAC GAC CTT CTG ACT TTA GCC CAA GGA GAG TTT CAA GCG GAC ACA GCG GTA GCG GGT TTG CAG GCT GCG TAC GCG CGT GAC GAG AAT GAT GAG TTT GTG AAA GCA ACC GTA ATC CGT GCT GAG GGA CAA CCC GAT GCA GCA ATG GAA GAT GGT GAC GCG CTG ATC TTC ATG AAT TTC CGT GCT GAT CGT GCC CGC GAG ATC ACA CGC GCT TTT GTG AAC GCC GAC TTT GAT GGC TTC GCA CGC AAA AAG GTC GTA AAT GTG GAC TTT GTC ATG CTT ACC GAA TAT GCC GCG GAT ATC AAG ACC GCT GTT GCA TAT CCG CCA GCT TCA TTG GTA AAT ACG TTT GGT GAG TGG ATG GCA AAA AAT GAC AAG ACG CAG TTA CGC ATT TCG GAA ACG GAA AAA TAC GCC CAC GTA ACC TTT TTC TTT AAC GGT GGA GTA GAG GAG TCT TTC AAA GGA GAA GAC CGC ATC TTA ATT AAT TCG CCA AAA GTG GCA ACC TAT GAC CTG CAG CCC GAG ATG TCT AGT GCT GAG TTG ACC GAG AAG TTA GTC GCC GCA ATC AAG TCG GGT AAG TAT GAT ACG ATT ATC TGT AAT TAT CCA AAC GGT GAT ATG GTT GGG CAT ACT GGG GTT ATG GAG GCG GCG GTT AAA GCT GTG GAG GCA TTG GAT CAT TGC GTT GAA GAG GTT GCA AAG GCT GTG GAG AGC GTA GGT GGT CAA CTG TTA ATC ACG GCT GAC CAC GGT AAC GCT GAA CAA ATG CGT GAC CCA GCT ACA GGT CAA GCA CAT ACC GCA CAC ACC AAT TTA CCC GTG CCG CTT ATC TAT GTA GGT GAT AAA AAT GTT AAG GCT GTG GAG GGT GGG AAG CTG TCG GAT ATT GCG CCG ACT ATG CTT TCG CTT ATG GGG ATG GAA ATT CCC CAA GAA ATG ACG GGG AAG CCT TTA TTT ATT GTG GAG
- Amino Acid length: 514 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Glucose transport & catabolism.
- Product: 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate-independent
- Module: phosphoglycerate mutase
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Name: 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate-independent phosphoglycerate mutase, Max score: 2,622/Query Cover: 514/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.8%, A0A0E2LDN6
- Name: 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate-independent phosphoglycerate mutase, Max score: 2,619/Query Cover: 514/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.6%, D6IFJ8
- Name: 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate-independent phosphoglycerate mutase, Max score: 2,618/Query Cover: 514/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 99.4%, E9XSI1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: Link back to the JCVI gene matching this E. coli version: MMSYN1_0729.
- Expression Level: high
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because it catalyzes an interconversion, this interconversion may happen an unlimited amount of times and we would therefore want as much of the gene as possible so that the transition runs smoothly.
- Expression Level References and Description: I was able to find my gene in the database. E. coli database
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? right at the beginning
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Based on your gene's function, why do you think the gene is expressed at this time? Because there is no way of knowing when or how often the interconversion will need to take place, it is best to express right at the beginning to insure that the transition is able to continually run smoothly.
- Expression Time References and Description: I used known functions and descriptions of the gene to come up with my own hypothesis of the expression time.
- Other Components: This module only has one component.
- Possible Dependencies: Phosphoglycerate kinase EG10883 is a dependent of this module because it is necessary for the interconversion to take place, as it is the step before this module in a sub pathway of glycolysis that synthesizes pyruvate.
- Process: This module is a step in a sub pathway of glycolysis that catalyzes the interconversion of 2-phosphoglycerate and 3-phosphoglycerate.
- Inputs: 2-phospho-D-glycerate
- Outputs: 3-phospho-D-glycerate
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file