- ID: EG10137
- Name: cdd 
- Organism: "E. Coli"
- UniProt ID: P0ABF6
- Description: Cytidine deaminase is an enzyme involved in pyrimidine salvaging . This protein catalyzes the deamination of cytidine and deoxycytidine to uridine and dexoyuridine, respectively, making it responsible for the maintenance of the cellular pyrimidine pool .
- DNA Length: 882 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAC CCC CGC TTT CAG ACG GCA TTT GCA CAA CTT GCC GAC AAT TTG CAG TCG GCT CTT GAA CCC ATT CTT GCC GAT AAG TAT TTT CCT GCT TTG CTGACC GGC GAA CAG GTT TCA TCC TTA AAG AGC GCG ACG GGT TTA GAC GAA GAC GCG CTG GCA TTT GCT CTG TTA CCC CTT GCT GCC GCG TGC GCT CGT ACCCCC TTA AGT AAC TTC AAT GTA GGG GCC ATT GCT CGC GGT GTA TCC GGG ACC TGG TAT TTC GGC GCA AAC ATG GAG TTT ATT GGT GCA ACG ATG CAG CAGACC GTC CAC GCC GAG CAG TCA GCC ATC TCC CAC GCG TGG TTA AGC GGC GAA AAA GCA TTG GCG GCG ATT ACC GTC AAT TAT ACG CCT TGC GGC CAT TGTCGT CAG TTT ATG AAC GAA TTA AAT TCG GGC CTT GAC CTT CGT ATC CAT TTA CCT GGC CGC GAG GCC CAT GCC CTT CGT GAT TAT CTG CCC GAC GCA TTTGGA CCT AAA GAC CTG GAG ATC AAA ACA CTT CTG ATG GAT GAG CAA GAT CAC GGC TAC GCT CTG ACA GGA GAT GCT CTG AGT CAA GCG GCA ATT GCC GCGGCA AAC CGC TCT CAT ATG CCT TAT TCC AAG TCA CCC TCC GGA GTT GCA CTT GAA TGT AAG GAC GGG CGT ATC TTC AGC GGC TCG TAT GCG GAA AAC GCTGCG TTC AAC CCT ACG TTA CCC CCA TTG CAG GGC GCG TTA ATC TTA TTA AAC TTA AAA GGA TAC GAC TAC CCT GAC ATC CAG CGC GCG GTG CTT GCA GAAAAA GCA GAC GCT CCG TTA ATC CAA TGG GAC GCA ACT TCA GCA ACC TTG AAG GCG TTG GGG TGT CAT TCT ATC GAC CGT GTC CTG CTT GCA TAG
- Amino Acid length: 294 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MHPRFQTAFA QLADNLQSAL EPILADKYFP ALLTGEQVSS LKSATGLDED ALAFALLPLA
AACARTPLSN FNVGAIARGV SGTWYFGANM EFIGATMQQT VHAEQSAISH AWLSGEKALA
AITVNYTPCG HCRQFMNELN SGLDLRIHLP GREAHALRDY LPDAFGPKDL EIKTLLMDEQ
DHGYALTGDA LSQAAIAAAN RSHMPYSKSP SGVALECKDG RIFSGSYAEN AAFNPTLPPL
QGALILLNLK GYDYPDIQRA VLAEKADAPL IQWDATSATL KALGCHSIDR VLLA
- Expression Level: [high]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: I would hypothesize that cytidine deaminase needs to be highly expressed because it catalyzes the reaction necessary salvage pyrimidines, a highly important cellular process for downstream DNA repair.
- Expression Level References and Description: I gathered the information that cytidine deaminase catalyzes the reaction to salvage pyrimidines,  and knew that pyrimidine salvaging was necessary for proper DNA repair, necessitating high expression. I also found that there were a high number of cytidine deaminases in the E. Coli proteome analysis .
- Expression Time: [early]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: I would hypothesize that cytidine deaminase needs to be expressed early in the cell cycle because it salvages the pyrimidines necessary to have a nucleotide supply. As a steady nucleotide supply is necessary for proper DNA repair and replication, cytidine deaminase needs to be expressed early to provide substrates necessary for processes that occur late in the cell cycle, such as DNA replication and repair.
- Expression Time References and Description: I gathered the information that cytidine deaminase catalyzes the reaction to salvage pyrimidines, , and knew that a large nucleotide supply was necessary for processes like DNA replication and repair later in the cell cycle, necessitating early expression.
- Other Components: Module only has one component.
- Possible Dependencies: nucleotides/deoxynucleotides 
- Process: Deamination of cytidine
- Inputs: cytidine
- Outputs: uridine, NH2
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Nucleotide salvage.
- Product: cytidine/deoxycytidine deaminase 
- Module: cytidine/deoxycytidine deaminase.
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Cytidine deaminase [Shigella flexneri 2a str. 301], 603/100%/0.0/100%, [NP_708043.1]
- Cytidine deaminase [Shigella sonnei], 601/100%/0.0/99%, [WP_077123682.1]
- Cytidine deaminase [Shigella dysenteriae], 600/100%/0.0/99%, [WP_000553543.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0515