EG 10570 lmaymar
- ID: EG10570
- Name: Methionine aminopeptidase
- Organism: E. Coli
- UniProt ID: 
- Description: Methionine aminopeptidase, type I catalyzes the release of N-terminal amino acids (preferentially methionine) from newly synthesized peptides and arylamides. “Ribosomal protein synthesis is universally initiated with methionine (in eukaryotic cytoplasm) or N-formylmethionine (in prokaryotes, mitochondria, and chloroplasts). During protein maturation, the N-formyl group is removed by peptide deformylase, leaving methionine with a free NH2 group (1). Subsequently, the initiator methionine is removed from many but not all of the proteins by methionine aminopeptidase(s) (MetAPs)” (Xiao, )
- DNA Length: 792 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCG ATT TCG ATC AAG ACC CCC GAG GAC ATT GAA AAA ATG CGC GTT GCC GGG CGC TTG GCC GCC GAG GTA TTG GAG ATG ATT GAG CCG TAT GTA AAA CCA GGC GTT TCG ACC GGT GAA TTA GAC CGC ATT TGT AAC GAC TAT ATC GTC AAC GAG CAA CAC GCC GTG AGT GCC TGT CTG GGT TAT CAT GGT TAT CCT AAG TCT GTT TGT ATT AGC ATC AAC GAA GTA GTA TGC CAT GGT ATC CCC GAT GAC GCG AAA TTA CTT AAA GAC GGG GAC ATC GTT AAT ATT GAT GTA ACG GTT ATT AAA GAT GGG TTC CAT GGT GAC ACG TCA AAA ATG TTT ATT GTG GGA AAG CCT ACG ATC ATG GGC GAA CGC CTT TGC CGT ATT ACT CAA GAA AGC CTT TAC CTG GCT CTT CGC ATG GTG AAA CCC GGT ATC AAT TTA CGT GAA ATT GGG GCC GCG ATT CAA AAA TTT GTC GAG GCG GAA GGT TTT AGC GTT GTG CGC GAG TAT TGC GGT CAC GGA ATC GGT CGT GGT TTC CAC GAA GAA CCA CAG GTT TTG CAC TAT GAC TCG CGT GAG ACC AAC GTG GTG TTG AAA CCC GGC ATG ACT TTC ACC ATT GAG CCG ATG GTG AAC GCT GGC AAG AAA GAA ATC CGT ACC ATG AAA GAC GGA TGG ACT GTA AAA ACG AAG GAT CGT TCC TTG TCA GCA CAA TAC GAG CAT ACC ATC GTT GTA ACC GAT AAC GGT TGC GAA ATC TTG ACC TTA CGC AAA GAT GAT ACC ATT CCG GCT ATT ATC TCA CAT GAT GAA TAG
- Amino Acid length: 268 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: Methionine aminopeptidase
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- methionine aminopeptidase [Shigella flexneri 2a str. 301], Max Score 544/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 0.0/Ident 100%, [NP_706113.1]
- methionine aminopeptidase [Shigella sonnei], Max Score 543/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 0.0/Ident 99%, [WP_001018189.1]
- methionine aminopeptidase [Escherichia fergusonii ATCC 35469], Max Score 543/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 0.0/Ident 99%, [CAQ87771.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1 0650 lmaymar.
- Expression Level: [High]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It is crucial for the function and stability of all multi amino acid proteins, thus should have a high expression level.
- Expression Level References and Description:  [File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx]
- Expression Time: [right at beginning]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It is crucial for the function and stability of all multi amino acid proteins, thus should be expressed early on in the lift of the cell or proteins could be denatured or inactive and thus halt cell growth. It is also essential for cell growth.
- Expression Time References and Description:  
- Other Components: None - an enzyme that does not have other components
- Possible Dependencies: Deformylase - amino terminal maturation involves a deformylase and a aminopeptidase 
- Process: Amino terminal maturation
- Inputs: a peptide with an N-terminal L-methionine, H2O
- Outputs: L-methionine, a peptide, H+
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file