- ID: EG12424
- Name: PrmC
- Organism: E. Coli
- UniProt ID: http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P0ACC1
- Description: This protein, called release factor glutamine methyltransferase, modifies the peptide release factors RF1/PrfA and RF2/PrfB on the glutamine residue of their GGQ motif. Specifically, it methylates these peptide chain release factors to increase termination efficiency. 
- DNA Length: 831 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GAA TAC CAA CAC TGG CTG CGT GAA GCT ATC TCG CAG TTA CAG GCT AGC GAG TCC CCA CGT CGT GAC GCC GAA ATT TTG TTG GAG CAC GTT ACA GGT AAA GGT CGC ACG TAC ATT CTG GCA TTT GGC GAG ACT CAA TTG ACA GAA GGC CAA TGT GAA CAG TTG GAT GCT TTA CTT GCA CGT CGT CGC GCA GGT GAG CCA ATC GCG CAC TTA ACG GGA GTA CGT GAA TTC TGG TCT TTG CCA CTT TTT GTT AGC CCA GCA ACC CTT ATT CCA CGC CCC GAT ACT GAG TGC TTA GTC GAG CAA GCT CTT GCT CGT CTG CCG GAG CAG CCT TGC CGC ATC CTG GAC CTT GGT ACT GGA ACT GGC GCA ATC GCT CTT GCC TTG GCG AGC GAG CGC CCT GAT TGT GAG ATC ACA GCC GTA GAC CGC ATG CCC GAC GCA GTC GCC TTG GCC CAA CGT AAC GCT CAG CAC TTA GCG ATC AAG AAC ATC CAT ATC TTA CAG TCC GAC TGG TTC TCG GCT CTT GTA GGA CAG CAG TTC ACC ATG ATT GTG TCC AAT CCG CCT TAC ATT GAT GAA CAG GAC CCG CAC TTG CAG CAG GGT GAT GTC CGT TTC GAG CCG CTG ACC GCA TTA GTT GCT GCG GAT TCT GGA ATG GCC GAC ATT GTT CAT ATT ATC GAG CAA AGC CGT AAT GCC TTA GTT TCT GGC GGT TTC TTA TTG TTG GAG CAT GGC TGG CAA CAG GGT GAA GCG GTA CGC CAG GCG TTC ATC CAC GCC GGT TAT CAT GAG GTG GAG ACG TGC CGT GAT TAT GGC GAT AAC GAA CGT GTC ACA CTG GGC CGC TAC TAC CGC TAG
- Amino Acid length: 277 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MEYQHWLREAISQLQASESPRRDAEILLEHVTGRGRTFILAFGETQLTDEQCQQLDALLTRRRDGEPIAHLTGVREFWSLPLFVSPATLIPRPDTECLVEQALARLPEQPCRILDLGTGTGAIALALASERPDCEIIAVDRMPDAVSLAQRNAQHLAIKNIHILQSDWFSALAGQQFAMIVSNPPYIDEQDPHLQQGDVRFEPLTALVAADSGMADIVHIIEQSRNALVSGGFLLLEHGWQQGEAVRQAFILAGYHDVET CRDYGDNERV TLGRYYQ
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Release factor glutamine methyltransferase
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- N5-glutamine S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase [Shigella flexneri 2a str. 301], Max score 566/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 0.0/Ident 100%, [NP_707121.1]
- protein-(glutamine-N5) methyltransferase, release factor-specific [Escherichia coli], Max Score 565/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 0.0/Ident 99%, [OTD55202.1]
- protein-(glutamine-N5) methyltransferase, release factor-specific [Shigella flexneri], Max score 565/Query Cover 100/E-Value 0.0/Ident 99%, [WP_000456468.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0142_lmaymar.
- Expression Level: [Low].
- Expression Level Hypothesis: We don’t know much about its expression level. But, without prmC in e. Coli, cells do not undergo proper growth and there are also defects in translational termination due to the fact that termination may not occur properly. Furthermore, if you have too much of PrmC, it could terminate translation prematurely.
- Expression Level References and Description: File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx 
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle
of our organism? [Right at the beginning].
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since growth of cells are diminished without PrmC, it should be expressed early in the life cycle of the cell.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: None (it is an enzyme with no other components)
- Possible Dependencies: Release factors RF1 and RF2
- Process: Methylation of release factors
- Inputs: a [release factor]-L-glutamine, S-adenosyl-L-methionine
- Outputs: a [release factor]-N5-methyl-L-glutamine, S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine, H+
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file