- ID: G6635
- Name: yciO
- Organism: E. Coli
- UniProt ID: 
- Description: Its molecular function is to bond double-stranded RNA, and it is found in the cytosol of a cell. 
- DNA Length: 221 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
- Amino Acid length: 206 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Uncharacterized protein YciO
- Module: Double-Stranded RNA Binding
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent JCVI functional protein: MMSYN1_0144.
- Expression Level: [high]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: I would guess that high expression of this gene speeds up the process of double-stranded RNA binding.
- Expression Level References and Description: 
- Expression Time: [early]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene's purpose, as stated above, is double-stranded RNA binding, which would come early in the life of this organism.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: There are no clear other components in this functional module, although I don't believe that this is the only gene in this functional module.
- Possible Dependencies: Transcription of RNA, as there needs to be RNA for there to be double-stranded RNA binding.
- Process: Double-stranded RNA binding (I know this might not be what you were looking for, but there's almost no information on this gene and what it does) 
- Inputs: Double-stranded RNA
- Outputs: Uncharacterized protein YciO
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file