- ID: MMSYN1_0025
- Name: rpsR
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: Q6MUK6
- Description: rpsR gene encodes 30S ribosomal protein S18. The S18 protein is a component of the 30S subunit of the ribosome . It binds as a heterodimer with protein S6 to the central domain of the 16S rRNA, where it helps stabilize the platform of the 30S subunit . It is involved in rRNA binding and translation.
- DNA Length: 228 base pairs (incl. stop codon)
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAG GTG AAG AAG ATT AAG AAG CGT AAG AAA GTA AAT TTT TTT CAA AAG AAT AAC ATT AAG TAT ATC GAC TAC AAG GAT ATT GAA CTG TTG AAA AAA TTC ATT TCG CCG AAC GGG CAG ATC CTT CCC CGT CGC ATC ACA GGA ACC TCG CCG AAA GAC CAA CGC CAG TTA GCG CTG GCG ATC AAA CGT GCT CGC CAG ATG GCT TTG CTG CCA TAC GTC ATT GAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 75 amino acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 30S ribosomal protein S18
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10917
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: rpsR is a part of a functioning ribosomes, which the cell needs in order to build all proteins; a large number of ribosomes facilitates fast cell growth.
- Expression Level References and Description: M. genitalium model data, File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Structural component of ribosome, meaning it is involved in translation. Functioning ribosomes are a critical component of producing new proteins: we need to produce more functioning ribosomes in order to synthesize later components.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Other Components: rpsF, 30S ribosomal protein S6
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase. The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate.
- Process: translation elongation
- Inputs: tRNA-aa, 2x GTP, mRNA, polypeptide(n)
- Outputs: tRNA, 2x GDP, mRNA, polypeptide(n+1)
- Reference: Alberts, et al. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 4th Edition Figure 6-66
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file