MMSYN1 0043 jbart
- ID: MMSYN1_0043
- Name: Methyltransferase
- Organism: JCVI
- UniProt ID: A0A014NMD0
- Description: This gene codes for a protein called Methyltransferase that has a large range of capabilities, including transcription, gene stability, and parental imprinting. It can directly impact the chromatin structure and can modulate gene transcription. Additionally, it has the ability to silence or activate genes, without actually mutating the target gene itself. The enzymatic reactions surrounding methyltransferase and its surrounding pathways are implicated in a wide variety of genetic diseases, cancers, and metabolic diseases. 1
- DNA Length: 723 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAG GTT CTG AAT GAT TTG TTG GGC TAC AAA AAT CGT AAG CTG TAT CAA GAC AAT AAG ATG TTT AAT TTT ACT TTA GAT TCA ATC TTA GTG GCC CGC TTC TGT AAC CTT AAT AGC AAA AAG AAA AAA ATT TGT GAC TTT GGC ACA AAC AAT GCC GTC ATC CCG CTG ATT CTG TCA AAA TAT ACC AAG GCA AAA ATC ATT GGA GTG GAG ATC CAA AAT AAA GCT GTT GAA ATT GCT AAG CAG AAC ATC AAA TTA AAT GGA TTA GAG GAA CAG ATC GAA ATT ATT CAC GCA GAT ATC AAG GAA TTT AGC AAA CTT CAT AAT CAG GAA TTC GAT CTG GTT GTA TGT AAT CCT CCG TTT TTC AAA ATG GAC GGG AAT CCA AAG TTG AAA GAA ATC TCT CTG GAG GTG GCT AAC GCA CGC CAT GAA TTA CTG ATT ACG CTT GAA GAT ATT ATC AAA TCA GCT TCA CGT TGC TTG AAA AAC AAA GGT AAT TTT ACC ATC GTG CAC CGC TCT GAG CGT CTT TCT GAA ATT ATC AAC TTG TTC TAC AAA TAT AAC ATC TAC CCA AAG CGT TTA CGT TTA ATC CAG TCG AAG AAA ACC GAT AAC GCG AAG ATG ATC CTT CTG GAC GGA ATC TAT CAA GGC AAC GAG GGA ATG GAA TTG TTG CCG ACC TTA ATT ACC CAC AAC GAC GAC GAG ACG TAC ACT GAC GAA TTA CTT AAA TAT TTT CAC GAT TAA
- Amino Acid length: 240 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: rRNA modification.
- Product: Methyltransferase
- Module: Methylation.
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG12401.
- Expression Level: Low
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene is expressed at such a low level likely because it is either efficient at altering rRNA that needs to be changed for whatever reason that is causing it to malfunction, or rRNA does not need many methyltransferase molecules to effectively alter it, either way, the expression level is significantly small.
- Expression Level References and Description: Expression level information was gathered from: File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx under "yibK".
- Expression Time: Late
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because this gene is expressing a protein that alters the structure of previously made molecules, any alteration that is necessary will come late in the lifecycle of the cell. There is no need for this gene to be expressed early because if it was there would be nothing for the protein to methylate.
- Expression Time References and Description: Little research was found on the time of expression of this specific type of methyltransferase, but it is easy to assume that specific cell alterations would come late in the life cycle.
- Other Components in the functional module. gidB gidB is another methyltransferase that specifically targets a nucleic acid in a specific rRNA.
- Possible Dependencies: An intact, complete ribosome.
- Process: RNA Methylation 1
- Inputs: Exocyclic nitrogens
- Outputs: N4-methylcytosine or N6-methyladenine
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file