- ID: MMSYN1_0148
- Name: rpsL_bact
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0 (Mycoplasma mycoides)
- UniProt ID: Q8VMU2
- Description: 30S Ribosomal Protein S12 stabilizes the rRNA bases involved in the tRNA selection in site A and with the mRNA backbone. It is located at the interface of the 30S and 50S subunits, while likely holding the rRNA structure together. It is an important gene that holds a critical role in ensuring and catalyzing translational accuracy as well as in rRNA binding.
- DNA Length: 420 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CCA ACA ATT AAC CAG CTT GTT AAG GTG AAC CGC AAG GCG AAA ACG TGG AAG ACT AAA GCT CCG GCC CTG AAC CGT GGA ATT AAC ACA CTT ATC AAG AAA GTT ACA AAA ATT GCT AGT CCT CAA AAA CGC GGT GTG TGC ACC CGT GTG GCC ACT ATG ACA CCG AAA AAA CCA AAT TCC GCC TTA CGC AAG TAT GCT CGC GTT CGT TTA ACC AAC GGC ATG GAG GTT AAT GCC TAC ATT CCG GGA GAG GGG CAT AAC TTA CAG GAA CAT AGT GTC GTC CTT ATT CGT GGT GGA CGT GTC AAA GAC TTA CCT GGG GTG CGT TAT CAC GTC ATT CGT GGG ACA CTT GAC ACG CAG GGT GTA GCC AAA CGC TCA CAA GGA CGT AGC CTT TAC GGG GTG AAA CGC CCG AAA GTG AAG AAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 139 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: Ribosomal Protein S12
- Module: 30S subunit of 70S ribosome.
- Closest homologous proteins:
- 30S ribosomal protein S12 [Mycoplasma leachii (strain DSM 21131 / NCTC 10133 / N29 / PG50)], Max Score: 714/Query Cover: 100%/E-Value: 8.7e-94/Identity: 100%, [WP_001138045.1]
- 30S ribosomal protein S12 [Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides], Max Score: 714/Query Cover: 100%/E-Value: 8.7e-94/Identity: 100%, [WP_008362393.1]
- 30S ribosomal protein S7 [Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC (strain PG1)], Max score/Query Cover/E-Value/Ident, [WP_011166360.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10911
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The gene is expressed at a high level due to it being an RNA binding site. Because it encodes parts of subunits of ribosomes, high expression would be expected.
- Expression Level References and Description: Provided data sheet [MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx].
- Expression Time: The gene would be expressed early in the lifecycle of the organism.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: As the gene is an RNA binding site, the gene would be expressed early in the lifecycle.
- Expression Time References and Description: Unknown
- Other Components in the functional module: Other ribosomal proteins in the 30S subunit, such as MMSYN1 0540.
- Possible Dependencies: 50S subunit of the ribosome.
- Process: 30S Ribosomal protein S12 complexes other proteins and 16S rRNA to form a 30S subunit in the prokaryotic ribosome.
- Inputs: 16S rRNA, other proteins.
- Outputs: 30S ribosomal subunit.
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file