- ID: MMSYN1_0149
- Name: rpsG_bact
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0 (Mycoplasma mycoides)
- UniProt ID: Q8VMU1
- Description: 30S ribosomal protein s7 is one of the primary binding proteins. It is located near the decoding center, where it interacts with mRNA and serves as an rRNA binding site. Protein S7 can also serve as a translational repressor protein, regulating "the expression of the str operon members to different degrees by binding to its mRNA." It likely blocks the exit of the e-site tRNA, as well as contacting tRNA in the P and E sites.
- DNA Length: 468 bp.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CGT AAA AAT CGC GCC GAA AAG CGT GAC GTG TTG GCC GAC CCC ATC TAT AAT AGC AAA TTA GTC ACC CGC GCC ATT AAC AAG ATT ATG TTG GAC GGC AAA CGC GGC ATT GCA CAG TCT ATC ATC TAT GAT GCT TTC AAC ATT ATC AAG GAG AAG ACC AAC AAA GAA CCT ATC GAA GTG TTC AAC AAA GCT ATT GAA AAC ATT AAA CCC CAC TTG GAG TTA AAG GTA CGC CGT ATT GGA GGG GCG AAC TAC CAA GTG CCC GTG GAA GTA TCT GCC GAA CGC CAA ATT ACG TTG GCG TTG CGC TGG TTA ATC AAC TAT GCT CGT TTG CGC AAC GAA AAG GTA ATG ACT ATT AAA CTT GCT AAC GAA ATT ATT GAC GCG TCG AAT AAC ATT GGT GGG TCT GTC AAA AAG CGT GAA GAC ACT CAT AAA ATG GCA GAG CCT AAT AAA GCT TTT GCT CAT TAC CGC TGG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 155 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Ribosomal Protein S7
- Module: 30S subunit of 70S ribosome.
- Closest homologous proteins:
- 30S ribosomal protein S7 [Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides], Max Score: 785/Query Cover: 100%/E-Value: 4.7e-104/Identity: 100%, [WP_011166360.1]
- 30S ribosomal protein S7 [Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri LC str. 95010], Max Score: 784/Query Cover: 100%/E-Value: 6.7e-104/Identity: 99.4%, [WP_008362394.1]
- 30S ribosomal protein S7 [Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniae 87001], Max Score: 784/Query Cover: 100%/E-Value: 6.7e-104/Identity: 99.4%, [WP_008362394.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10906.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The gene is expressed at a high level due to it being an RNA binding site. Because it encodes parts of subunits of ribosomes, high expression would be expected.
- Expression Level References and Description: Provided data sheet [MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx].
- Expression Time: The gene would be expressed early in the lifecycle of the organism.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: As the gene is an RNA binding site, the gene would be expressed early in the lifecycle.
- Expression Time References and Description: Unknown
- Other Components in the functional module: Other ribosomal proteins in the 30S subunit, such as MMSYN1 0238
- Process: S7 protein complexes rRNA and other proteins to form the 30S subunit of the prokaryotic ribosome.
- Possible Dependencies:70S subunit of the ribosome.
- Inputs: rRNA, other proteins.
- Outputs: 30S ribosomal subunit.
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file