- ID: MMSYN1_0151
- Name: EF-Tu: translation elongation factor Tu
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: F4MP39 
- Description: This gene encodes a protein that helps amino acid-carrying tRNA bind to the A site of the ribosome. The binding reaction is dependent on GTP. 
- DNA Length: 1188 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCA AAG GAA CAA TTT GAC CGC AGC CTT CCG CAC GTG AAT ATC GGT ACT ATC GGC CACGTG GAC CAC GGA AAA ACC ACC CTG ACC GCG GCC ATT ACG AAG GTG TTA TCT GAA CAA GGGAAT GCG GAG TTT AAG GAT TAT GCT AAT ATC GAC AAC GCT CCC GAG GAG CGT GAA CGT GGTATT ACA ATC AAC ACT GCA CAC GTC GAA TAT AAG ACC GCA AAC CGC CAC TAT GCA CAC GTTGAC TGC CCG GGT CAT GCG GAT TAC GTA AAA AAT ATG ATC ACG GGG GCG GCG CAG ATG GACGGA GCT ATT TTA GTG GTA GCA GCT ACT GAC GGG CCC ATG CCT CAA ACT CGT GAG CAC ATCTTA CTT TCC CGC CAA GTG GGT GTG CCT AAA ATC GTC GTG TTC CTT AAT AAG TGT GAT ATGGTT GAG GAC GAT GAA ATG ATT GAT CTT GTT GAA ATG GAG ATT CGT GAC CTT TTA ACT GAATAT GAT TTC GAT GGC GAA GGG GCC CCA GTC ATC CGC GGT AGT GCG CTT GGG GCT TTG AACGGA GAT TCA AAA TGG ACC GGC GCT ATT AAC GAA TTG ATG GCC GCT GTA GAC GAA TAT ATTCCA ACC CCC CAG CGT GAT GCC GAC AAG ACT TTC CTG ATG CCT GTT GAA GAT GTC TTC ACAATT ACC GGG CGC GGA ACC GTG GCT ACA GGT CGT GTC GAG CGC GGT ACG GTT AAA GTT AACGAG GAA GTA GAG ATC ATT GGG TTA AAG GAA GAG CCT ACA AAA ACC GTC GTT ACT GGA TTGGAA ATG TTT CGT AAG CTG CTG GAT TTT GCT GTG GCT GGC GAT AAC GTA GGC GCG TTA TTGCGC GGA GTG GAT CGC CAC TCT GTC GAA CGT GGC CAA GTC CTT GCG AAA CCG GGT ACC ATCAAG CCA CAT ACC GTT CTG AAA GCC TCC GTG TAC GCG CTG ACC CAA GAG GAA GGG GGT CGCCAT AAG CCG TTT TTC AAC AAA TAT CGC CCC CAA TTC TAC TTC CGT ACT ACC GAT GTA ACGGGC GAA GTC ACC CTG CCC GAG GGA ACG GAC ATG GTT ATG CCG GGT GAT AAT GTG GAA ATGGAA ATC CAG CTT ATT AAG CCG GTG GCC GTA GAG GAA GGG ACC AAG TTT TCC ATC CGC GAGGGG GGT CGC ACT ATT GGA GCT GGG ACT GTC ATT TCC ATC GAG AAA TAG
- Amino Acid length: 395 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Elongation factor Tu 1
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Elongation factor Tu (E. Coli), 578/99%/0.0/68%, [WP_000031795.1]
- Elongation factor Tu (bacteria, multispecies), 564/99%/0.0/72%, [WP_003640798.1]
- Chain A (Qb replicase), 559/99%/0.0/68%, [3MMP_A]
- Equivalent E. coli functional protein: EG11036
- Expression Level: low
- Expression Level Hypothesis: From the Mycoplasma genitalium simulation protein counts, we know that a cell has many different translation elongation factors, some expressed at high levels and some at low levels. It is hard to know why this particular elongation factor has a low expression level, other than there are many other elongation factors so it does not need to be high.
- Expression Level References and Description: Mycoplasma genitalium simulation protein counts 
- Expression Time: early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because this gene helps facilitate translation, it is important for it to be expressed early to aid in biosynthesis of essential proteins.
- Expression Time References and Description: Uniprot 
- Other Components: ribosome, tRNA
- Possible Dependencies: GTP
- Process: translation
- Inputs: mRNA, tRNA
- Outputs: proteins coded by mRNA