- ID: MMSYN1_0233
- Name: ptsP
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: C7LM97
- Description: MMSYN1_0233 is the gene that codes for the phosphoenolpyruvate-protein phosphotransferase enzyme. This catalyzes the reaction between phosphoenolpyruvate and protein L-histidine to create pyruvate and protein N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine . Specifically, the phosphoenolpyruvate-protein phosphotransferase enzyme only works on histidine residues in certain phosphocarrier proteins with low molecular masses which are taking part in bacterial sugar transport . The phosphoenolpyruvate-protein phosphotransferase enzyme is part of the enzymes transferring phosphorus-containing groups combined with a nitrogenous group as an acceptor within the "transferases" family .
- DNA Length: 1722 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG TCG AAA CAA ATC AAA GGA ATT GCT GCA TCT GAT GGG ATT TCC TTA GCC AAG GCA TTA GTC ATT AAA GAG ATT AAA TTG GAC GTT CAG AAA CAG TTG ATC GAT GAC GTA GAC CAG CAA ATT GCA AAA CTG GAA CAA GCT ATT AAT CAG ACA ATC ACA GAC CTG AAG AAG ATT CAA AAA ATC ACT CTT GAG AAA TTA GGT GAG GAG AAA GCC GCA ATT TTC GAT GCG CAC CAG GAT ATT GCA AAC GAT CCG GCC ATC AAA GAA GAG GTC GTA CAA TTA ATT AAA ACA GAG AAG GTA AAC GCC GAG TAC GCA CTG TTT ATT GTT TCA AAC AAC TAT TTC GAA ATG TTT AGT CAA TTG GAA GAC CCT TAT TTT AAA GAG CGC AGC GCG GAT ATT AAA GAT GTT TCT TCC CGT ATT ATT TCC CAT ATT TTG GGA TTA GAA ATC CAT GAT CTG TCG ACT ATC GAT AAA GAA GTC ATT ATT ATT AGC GAT GAT CTG ACT CCC AGC CAG ACG GCC CAA CTG GAC AAG AAA TTC GTC AAG GGG TTC CTT ACC AAC GTG GGC GGA CGC ACA TCG CAC GCC GCC ATT ATG GCT CGC TCC TTA GAG ATT CCT GCC ATC TTG GGT CTT AAG AAC ATT ACG GAG CTT GTT AAA ACG GAC GAT CTG ATT GCT CTT GAT GGC TCT AGC GGT ATT GTG GAG CTG GAC CTG AAT GAT AAT GAC ATC AAA AAT TAT CAA ACA AAG GTA AAG CAG TAC CTT GAA CTT AAG GAC CAG CTT AAG AAA TTT AAG GAC AAA CCC AGT TTG ACC AAG GAC AAG ATC AAG AAG TTA ATC GAA GCG AAC ATC GGT TCA ACA AAT GAT ATT CAA TCT GTT CTT GAC AGC GGG GCG GAG GGA ATC GGA CTG TTT CGC ACT GAA TTT TTG TAT ATG AAC AAT GAC CAT TTT CCC ACT GAG GAG GAA CAA TTC GAG GCA TAC AAG AAG GTC GTC AGC CAA ATT GAC CAT CTT GTA GTC TTC CGT ACC TTA GAT ATT GGT GGT GAT AAG AAA TTG TCA TAT TTT AAG TTC GAC GAG GAG ATG AAC CCC TTT CTT GGG TAT CGC GCG ATC CGT TTC ACG CTG GAC CGT AAG GAC ATC TTT AAA GAT CAA ATT CGC GCG TTA CTT CGC GCA TCG GCG TTC GGC AAG TTA GGC ATC ATG TTT CCG ATG ATT GCC ACA ATC GAT GAA TTT AAG CAG GCT AAA GCC TTT GTT GAG GAG TGT AAG TTA GAA CTG GAC AAG GAG AAT ATT AAA TAC GAC AAG CAG GTT CAG ATT GGG ATG ATG GTA GAG ATT CCC AGT GCG GCC ATC TTG GCA GAC CAA TTT GCT AAG TAC GCG GAC TTC TTC AGC ATT GGC ACC AAT GAC TTG ATC CAA TAT TCA TTT GCA TCT GAT CGT ATG AAC CAA AAC GTG TCC TAT TTA TAC CAA CCA TTG AAC CCA AGC CTG TTA CGC CTG ATC CAA CTG ACC ATC AGT GGA GCG CAT AAA CAT AAT AAA TGG GTA GGA ATG TGC GGT GAG ATG GCT GGA GAC AGT AAA GCT TTG CCG ATT CTG CTG GGA TTG GAT TTA GAT GCG TTC TCT ATG TCT GCA ACC TCA GTG TTA AAG GCG CGC TCG TTG ATG TCG AAG ATC GAG TCA ATC AAG GCA AAG GAG CTG GCG AAC AAA GCT TTA GAG TGC CAA ACT TCA CAG CAG GTG AAT GAT TTG GTC GAA GAG TTT CTT AAG AAC TTA GAC TAA
- Amino Acid length: 573 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Glucose transport & catabolism
- Product: phosphoenolpyruvate-protein phosphotransferase
- Module: Phosphotransferase system (phosphoenolpyruvate-protein phosphotransferase is part of a larger system, PTS, which transports sugars into the cell).
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- phosphoenolpyruvate--protein phosphotransferase [Mycoplasma capricolum], Max score: 1090, Query cover: 100%, E-value: 0.0, Ident: 94%, WP_036431106.1
- phosphoenolpyruvate--protein phosphotransferase [Mycoplasma leachii], Max score: 1083, Query cover: 100%, E-value: 0.0, Ident: 93%, WP_013447591.1
- phosphoenolpyruvate--protein phosphotransferase [Mycoplasma feriruminatoris], Max score: 1072, Query cover: 100%, E-value: 0.0, Ident: 92%, WP_008363671.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG12188.
- Expression Level: medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The ptsP gene is part of the the phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent sugar phosphotransferase system (PTS). It is needed by the cell since it helps create pyruvate, which is needed for cell respiration. Additionally, this was inferred since the ptsP gene in E. coli has a "medium" expression level and it is performing the same function in the cell.
- Expression Level References and Description: The ptsP gene was not available in the Mycoplasma genitalium file, yet the gene was found in the E. coli proteome.
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Cell respiration is essential for cellular growth, and pyruvate is a needed component. Thus it is essential to express this gene early.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above and UniProt.
- Other Components: licA licA, Phosphotransferase system PTS, lichenan-specific IIa component
- Possible Dependencies: Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase is needed so that phosphoenolpyruvate is created, which is needed for the PTS system to function 
- Process: phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent sugar phosphotransferase system
- Inputs: Phosphoenolpyruvate, protein L-histidine
- Outputs: pyruvate, rotein N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine
- Reference: 
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file