- ID: MMSYN1_0308
- Name: trpRS
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: C7LMG6
- Description: Tryptophan--tRNA ligase  Catalysis of the reaction: ATP + L-tryptophan + tRNA(Trp) = AMP + diphosphate + L-tryptophanyl-tRNA(Trp) . The process of coupling tryptophan to tryptophanyl-tRNA, catalyzed by tryptophanyl-tRNA synthetase. In tRNA aminoacylation, the amino acid is first activated by linkage to AMP and then transferred to either the 2'- or the 3'-hydroxyl group of the 3'-adenosine residue of the tRNA. 
- DNA Length: 1011 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAG AAG CAG ATC ATG GTC TCT GGT ATT ACC CCA TCG GGC ACT ATG ACC CTG GGC AAT TAC TTG GGT GTC GTA AAG CGT TTC ATC CAA TAT CAG AAT GAA TAT GAC CTT TTT ATC TTT ATC GCT AAT CTT CAT GCG ATT ACT TTG CCT CAG GAA AAG GAG AAA CTG AAG AAA AAC ACG AAG GAG ATT GCT GCG CTT TAC TTC GCA TGT GGG TTG GAT ATC AAT AAG ACA ACT ATT TTC TTG CAG TCG GAT GTT CTG GAG CAC GCC CAG TTG GGG TGG ATT TTA ACA ACT AAC ACA TCG ATG GGT GAG TTG TCG CGT ATG ACA CAA TTT AAA GAT AAG TCG TTG AAG GCA GAG AGT ATC AAC GGT AAA GGT TAT ATT CCT ACC GGA CTG TTT ACA TAC CCG GCA TTA ATG GCA GCT GAC ATC TTG TTG TAT GAC CCT AAA TAT GTC CCC GTG GGG ATC GAT CAA AAG CAA CAC ATT GAA ATT ACG CGC GAC ATC GCC ATC CGT ATG AAC AAC AAG TAC GGA GAA ATG TTC AAA ATT CCC GAG CCT TTG ATC AAT AGT GAA ATC AAA ATC ATG GAC TTA CAA GAC CCG ACT AAG AAG ATG AGT AAG TCG TCA ACT AAC CCC AAG GCT ATT ATT ACA ATG TTA GAT TCT ATC GAT GAG ATT AAA AGC AAA ATT AAG GCC GCA GTT ACC GAT AGC GAG AAT CTT ATT AAA TAT GAT CCG ATC AAT AAG CCC GGC GTC TCT AAT CTG ATT ACA ATT TAT TGT CAG TTA AAG AAC ATT AGT ATT AAG CAA GCA GAG AAA CAT TGG GAA AAT AAA AAT TAC AAA GAT TTA AAA GAT GAT GTC ACC CAA GTT CTT ATT GAC GAG ATC ATT CCT ATC CAA ACA AAG TTC AAG GAA CTT TAT AAT AGC AAA CAG GTG GAA CAG TGG CTG GAG CTT GGC GCC AAC AAG GCC CGT TAT ATC GCA AAC AAA AAA CTG AAT AAA GTG CAA AAC TTG ATG GGC TTA AAC TAT AAC CGT AAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 336 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Tryptophan--tRNA ligase
- Module: tRNA aminoacylation
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG11030
- Expression Level: low
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It is an enzyme, so it can catalyze multiple substrates without getting used up. We also do not want to skew the pool of tRNA's by highly expressing one and not others, so it makes sense to express it at a low level.
- Expression Level References and Description: Excel spreadsheet.
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis:This is part of the central dogma, in order for the organism to exist translation needs to occur early.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: This module has only one component, which is ligase, because it doesn't require anything else to function.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA.
- Process: tRNA ligation
- Inputs: tRNA, and tryptophan synthesis
- Outputs: ligated amino acid and tRNA
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file