- ID: MMSYN1_0329
- Name: rlub, Ribosomal large subunit pseudouridine synthase B.
- Organism: JCVI (Mycoplasma mycoides)
- UniProt ID: MMCAP2_0329
- Description: rluB is responsible for synthesis of pseudouridine from uracil-2605 in 23S ribosomal which contains nucleotides that are essential for binding of tRNA in ribosomal functional sites1. Pseudouridineis commonly found in tRNA, and although its function is not very clear, it is expected to play a role in the initiation of translation. More generally, rluB assists with pseudouridine synthase activity, which plays a role in the most abundant posttranscriptional modification of cellular RNAs.
- DNA Length: 759 bp
- DNA sequence:
ATG TCG CTG GAG CGT TTG CAA AAG GTA ATC AGT AGC CGC GGG TAC TGT AGT CGT CGT GCG GCT GAA AAA TTG ATC CTT GAA AAT CGT GTT AAG GTA AAC GAC CAA ATA ATA AAC ACC CTG GGA GTC AAA ATT GAC CCA AAA GCA GAG ATC AAA ATC GAT AAC AAA CTT GTC TTA TCA GAC TCA AAT AAT CAA AAG TAC TAC TAC CTG TTT TAT AAG CCG AGA CTG GTT CTG ACC ACC ATG TAT GAT CCC AAG AAA CGC AAG ACG GTT AAT GAC TAT TTT AAG GAC TTA AAT CAC CGT GTA TAT CCG GTT GGC CGT CTG GAT TAT GAC GTT TCA GGA TTA TTA CTG ATG ACA AAC GAC GGC GTT CTT TCC AAC TTT ATT ATG CAT CCG AAG TAT GAA TTC CTG AAG ACC TAT CAG GGA TTG TGT CAG GGC CAG GTA AAT AAA CAA CAA ATC AAT CAG CTG ATA AAG GGC GTC TAT ATT GAC AAC GAC TAT TTG ACC AAA GCG TAT AGT GCT AAA TTG GTT AAG TAT GAC AAA CTT AAA AAC ACG TCG ATA GTA GAG CTT ACA ATT AAT GAA GGA AAG AAA CAC CAT GTT AAA AAG ATG TTC GAG TCG ATT CAA GCA CAG TTA TTA AAA TTG AAG AGA ACA AAA ATA GAG TTT TTA GAA ATC GCT GAT TTG AAA CCG GGA CAG TAT CGC GAA TTG AAG ACG CAT GAA GTT AAG CGT TTG TAC GGC ATA TAC CAT TCA TTG AAA CAG GAC AAC AAT AAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 252 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: rRNA modification.
- Product: Ribosomal large subunit pseudouridine synthase B
- Module: pseudouridine synthesis
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG12044. E value: 7e-30, Identity: 31%
- Expression Level: High (Estimation based on the relatives in the databasel).
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since this gene is predicted to be necessary for the initiation of translation, its high expression is logical. Though still unknown, its main function is expected to be essential to a specific tRNA, as they are universally distributed enzymes.
- Expression Level References and Description: PubMed 3. Mycoplasma genitalium whole cell model spreadsheet. File:EcoliProteomicExpressionData.xlsx
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Expression would need to occur early on considering translation is necessary for protein synthesis. The 23s region is also highly important to the structure of the cell, as it contains nucleotides that are essential for binding of tRNA in ribosomal functional sites, indicating the need for early expression.
- Expression Time References and Description: NCBI 1
- Other Components: MMSYN1 0692 ri25chen or RluA which is also involved in ribosomal pseurodine synthesis. RluA specifically affects uracil-746 in 23S ribosomal RNA.
- Possible Dependencies: Transcription, demethylation of thymine 4
- Process: posttranscriptional modification of cellular RNAs
- Inputs: a uridine in 23 rRNA
- Outputs: a 23S rRNA pseudouridine
- Reference: Quick Go Database 
- Predicted Translation Rate:
- Design Notes:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file