- ID: MMSYN1_0413
- Name: adenine phosphoribosyltransferase (apt)
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- * Description: This protein catalyzes a salvage reaction resulting in the formation of AMP, that is genetically less costly than de novo synthesis. Adenine phosphoribosyltransferase is one of the purine salvage enzymes which play an important role in maintaining nucleotide pool balance. The enzyme is subject to regulation by both repression (by uncyclized nucleoside 5'-phosphates) and end product inhibition.  
- DNA Length: 513 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAT TTA AAA GAG TTT GTG GTT GAC GTA AAA GAT TTT CCA AAG CAA GGG ATC GTC TTC AAA GAT ATT ACG CCT TTG CTG AAC AAC AAG GAC GCT TTT AAA TAT ACC ATT GAC CAA ATG GCT GAT TTC GTC AAG AAG CTG GAT GTT GAT GTG GTG GTC GCG CCC GAA GCC CGT GGC TTC CTT CTT GCC TCC GCT GTG GCT TAC GCC GCT AAT AAA CGC TTC GTA CTT GTT CGT AAG CCT AAC AAG CTG CCC CGT GAG GTT TAC GAT GTG GAG TAC AGT TTG GAG TAT GGC ACC AAT CAC CAG CAG ATC CAT GTC GGG GAC CTT AAA CCG AAT GAT AAA GTA GTC GTG ATC GAT GAT GTG CTT GCT ACT GGT GGC ACC ATG CAA GCA ATC ATC GAT TTA GTG AAA TTA TCC AAG GCG GAG GTA ATT GGA ATG TCG TTT TTA ATC GAT CTT ACC TTC CTT CAT GAC GTG AAT TTG TTT GAT CAG TAT AAA GTC CAG AAA CTG ATT AAG TAT TAG
- Amino Acid length: 170 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Nucleotide salvage.
- Product: Adenine phosphoribosyltransferase.
- Module: AMP synthesis.
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli functional protein: EG10051.
- Expression Level: [low]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Apt is involved in a nucleotide salvage pathway that is genetically less costly, but it is not necessary. Because it is functionally redundant, expression levels do not need to be high.
- Expression Level References and Description: M. genitalium model data, File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx
- Expression Time: [early].
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because apt plays an important role in maintaining nucleotide pool balance, and central dogma components like transcription occur early on, this gene will likely be expressed early on as well.
- Expression Time References and Description: []
- Other Components: MMC_2420 - MMSYN1_0549
- Possible Dependencies: Nucleotide synthesis is required because nucleotides are one of the reactants of the mechanism. 
- Process: AMP formation
- Inputs: Adenine, Phosphoribosyl Pyrophosphate
- Outputs: AMP, Pyrophosphate 
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file