- ID: MMSYN1_0453
- Name: parC
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: C7LMV1
- Description: This gene codes for one subunit, the alpha subunit, of DNA topoisomerase IV. Topoisomerases are a vital group of proteins that deal with DNA topology. DNA topoisomerase IV consists of two alpha subunits and two beta subunits. The beta subunits are coded for by parE. DNA topoisomerase IV aids mainly in regulating DNA topology during DNA replication UniProt. Well executed DNA replication is necessary for meiosis and cell reproduction. Topoisomerase IV ensures the decatenating, or unlinking, of newly replicated DNA strands and chromosomes. Separation of chromosomes is essential for chromosome segregation and proper cellular reproduction. Topoisomerase IV also relaxes supercoiled DNA NIH.
- DNA Length: 2697 base pairs
- DNA sequence:
ATG TCT GAC AAG AGC GAG ATC ATT TTA TAC CCT TTG GAA GAA CTG TTG GGT AAT CGC TTT TCG CGC TAT GCT AAA TAC ATC ATC CAG GAG CGT GCA CTG CCC GAC GTT CGC GAT GGG CTG AAA CCG GTT CAA CGC CGC ATT CTT TAT GCA ATG AAT CAA TTG AAT TTA ACG TTT GAC AAA CCG TAT AAG AAG TCT GCA CGC GTT GTT GGA GAA GTA ATC GGT AAG TAT CAT CCA CAT GGC GAT TCT TCA ATC TAC GAT GCT ATG GTG CGT ATG TCG CAA TGG TGG AAA GTT AAT ATC CCC TTG GTG GAC ATG CAG GGC AAT AAT GGG AGT ATT GAC GGA GAC TCC GCG GCA GCT ATG CGT TAC ACA GAA GCA CGT CTG ACA AAA ATT AGT AAT TTA CTT TTG GAA GAT CTG GAA AAG AAT ACT GTG ATC TTT TCA CCT AAT TTT GAC GAC AGT GAA ACT GAA CCC ACA GTC CTG CCA TCC TAT TTT CCG AAC ATC CTG GTC AAT GGC GCA ACC GGA ATT GCA GCT GGA TAT GCT ACG AAT ATG CCA CCT CAC AAC TTA AGT GAG ATC ATC GAC GCG TCA ATC AGT ATT ATT AAG AAT CCT AAT ATC ACC ATT GAC CAA ATT CTG AAA ATT GTC AAG GGA CCG GAT TTT CCG ACT GGG GCC ATT ATT CAG AAT AAA CAA GGC ATT CGC GAG GCA TTT CTG ACA GGG AAG GGT AAA GTA ATT ATT AGT TCG AAG TGG CAC CAG GAA AAA AAC AAT ATT GTC GTT GAC GAA ATC CCA TAT GAG GTC GTA AAA CAG GAC TTA GTC AAG AAA ATC GGC GAC GTA ATC GAT AAT AAT CCA AAT TTA GGT ATC AAG GAG ATC CGC GAC GAG ACA GAC CGC AAG GGC CTT CGT ATT GTT ATC GAG TTG AAC GAG AAA GCT AAT CTG GAG ACA GTG CGC AAG TTT TTG TTC AAA AGT ACC TGG TTA TCA GTC TCT TAC AAT TAT AAC AAT ATC ATC ATC GTT GAC AAG CAG CCG AAG CAA CTT GGG CTT ATC GAC ATC ATC AAG GCT TAT ATT AGT CAT TAT AAA GAG GTT TTT ATT AAG CGT ACG GAG TTT AAT CTG AAC AAG GCT AAC TTA CGT TTA GAG ATT GTG AAT GGG CTT ATT AAA GCA TTA AGC ATC TTA GAC GAG GTA ATT AAA GTG ATC CGC AAA TCA GAA AAC CGT ATC GAT GCG ATT AAT AAT TTA GTG AAA ACC TTT AAT TTC ACG ACG AAT CAA AGC ACT GCT ATT GTG GAC ATG CGT CTG TAT CGT CTG ACT AGT ACA GAT GTA AAC AAG CTT TTG CTT GAA AAA ACC GAG TTA ATC GAT AAA ATC AAA AAG TAT CAG GAG ATC TTA AAT AAC AAC TTG GTT TTA GAT AAT GAG ATC ATT AGT CGT CTG GAG GAG GTG AAA AAA CAA TTT GGT ATC AAA CGC AAG TCG CAA GTC GAA GAT TTA GTC GAA GAT TTA GAC GTG GAC CAG AAG GAA GTG ATC ATT GAG AAG GAG ATC AAC TTA TGG ATT AGC AAA GAT GGG TAT ATT AAG GTG ATC GAT AAT AAC ATC CTT AAT AAG AAC GAA CTG AGT AGC TTC GGC AAA AAG CCA AAC GAT ATG TGG ATT TCT CAG GGC GTC TGC AGC AAT TTA GAC CAC CTG ATC CTT GTC TCA GAT CAA GCG AAT TAT TAT TCG ATC CCG CTG TAT AAA ATC GCA AAC TCG AAG TGG AAG GAC CAG GGG GTT CAT ATC AAT TCT GTT GCA ACC ACC CAG CCA AAT GAA ACG ATT ATC AAT GCC TTT ATT ATC AAA GAA TTT ATC AAT TCA ACT CAG CAC CTT CTT CTG GTT AGT AAG AAC GGA TTA ATC AAG CGC ACC CAA ATT TCG GAT CTT GAA ACC AAA ATC TTT AAT AAA TCC TTC AAG ATT ATG AAG ATC TCT GAT GAT GAC AGT CTT GTA TAT GCG GAT CTG ATC AGT TCT AAA ACG TCT TAT TGT TGT ATC ATT ACT AAA AAC GGC TAT GCA GTA CGT TAT AAC ATC GAG GAT ATC CCT GTT CAA TCG ACA ATC TCC AAA GGT GTC AAA GCC GCA AAT TTG AAG GAC GAT TAT ATT ATT TCC GCC TTA AGT CTG GAC AAC AAT AAG GAC GTC TTA ATT TTC ACG AAT AAA AAT AAT TAT AAG CGT CTT GAC CAG AAC TTA ATT CCC ATC TAC ATT CGT CCA AAG AAA GGT ATC CGT ATT TTA GTT GAG AAG AAG AAA AAC AAG GAA CAA GTG ATC TTC GGC TTC GCG ATC AAT GAC CAA ATG TCA ATC TCC ATT CTG GAT ACT AAC GAT CAG ATC ACA GAC ATC AAC GTG TCC GAT CTT AAA CAC ACT AAC TTG GAG CAA AAT TCC ATT TCA ACT AAT ATT GAC GAA ATC TCT TAC GTC TCC ATT AAA CAG TTA ATT CGT AGC ATT GCG TTC GAC CAA CCA GCT TTA GCT AAT AAC TTT AAC GAT CAA GAT ACA AAT GAC CAA ATC GAG GCT AAG CCT AAA TTT AAT AAG TTG GTA TCG GAA CGT ATC GTC GTC AGT AAA GAT ACC AAA AAC AAG GCC ATT AAC AAT GCA AAC CAG GTC CAC GGG TCA GAT TTA TCG TCA TAT TTG GAT GAC ATT TCC AGC CTT TTG AGT AAA GTT TCA CAA AAC AAG AAA GAC AAG AAA ACC AAG CAA CTT GAC TTT GAA GAC TAT TTT TCA GAT GAT GAT CAA AAT CAA GAC GAT AAC TAA
- Amino Acid length: 898 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: DNA Topology
- Product: DNA topoisomerase IV, A subunit
- Module: DNA Topoisomerase IV
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10686.
- Expression Level: low
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene expression level is likely low because parC codes for one of two subunits of a protein that is only really required after genome replication. DNA topoisomerase IV is crucial for cellular reproduction, but is not necessary for the cell to simply function.
- Expression Level References and Description: M. genitalium model data
- Expression Time: late
- Expression Time Hypothesis: As the protein this gene codes for is only really required to facilitate separation of the chromosomes after genome replication, it is only required for cellular division and thus can be expressed late in the reaction.
- Expression Time References and Description: UniProt.
- Other Components: DNA Topoisomerase IV, B subunit. The B subunit of this protein is coded for by the parE gene. Two alpha subunits and two beta subunits form the protein.
- Possible Dependencies: DNA Polymerase 1 DNA polymerases 1 and 3 are necessary for DNA replication and DNA Topoisomerase IV is active after replication.
- Process: The main process DNA Topoisomerase IV takes part in is decatenating daughter strands following DNA replication. The enzyme takes the linked daughter strands and removes the linkages to have two separate DNA segments. This is crucial for chromosome segregation in mitosis and meiosis.
- Inputs: Linked Daughter DNA strands, ATP
- Outputs: Unlinked Daughter DNA strands
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file