- ID: EG10910
- Name: rpmJ
- Organism: Mycoplasma mycoses
- UniProt ID: F4MQL9 
- Description: Theoretically, this gene creates a ribosomal protein which serves as a structural component of a ribosome, which assists in the transcription of RNA. In this specific case, this protien has a high level of essentiality because of the critical nature of RNA transcription, which allows a cell to perform all of the necessary steps to survive. 
- DNA Length: 582 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GAA AAT AAA ATT AAT CAT AAG ACT TAT AAA TCG CTT AAA TAC CTT TTA ACA ATT AGT AGC GTC ATT CTT GCG ATC TGC TTG TTA CTT GTG TTT GTT CAG TTC ACT AAG GCA AAG CCC TTA TTT ATC TCT TTG ACC CCG TTC ATC TCA TTA TTG GTC ATC CTT TTA ATT CTT AGC TTT ACT TGT TTG TTG GTG TAT ATC ATC TAT CGC ATG AAG ATT TTA AAA ACT TCT AAC TAT AAG TAC ATC AAG AAG GAG ATC ATT TAC TTA TAC ACT TCG TTC AGC TTA TAC ATC TTT AGT TTC ATT TTG ACT GTC ATT TAT CTG ATT ATC GCC TTG CTT ATT AAA AAT TCC GAG TCT ATC CGC ATC ATG TTT TAC GTC GTC ATT TCG ATT TTT TTC ATC TGT ATC ATC CTG AGC TCC ATT TTT GAG ACC CTG TCC CGC TTG AAG GAA CAG ATT CTT CTG TAT AAA CAA CAG TAT CAA TCC CAA CAG CAA CTG AAA TTG AAT AAA GAG ACT GAC AAT AAA AAA CAA ATC AAC AAG GAA GTT ACC AAT AAT AAC AAT AAC CAA TCG AAG AAT CCT TTC ATT GAG GAC
- Amino Acid length: 234 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: unclear
- Product: hypothetical protien
- Module: unknown
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: no existing gene known, because E. coli does not have a similar structure for this gene of unknown operation
- Expression Level: probably medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: this gene is not well understood, but probably plays a role in rRNA regulation
- Expression Level References and Description: 
- Expression Time: probably early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because this is most likely involved in the process of ribosome operation, it makes sense to have it expressed early on, right out of the gate.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: All of the basic components of the ribosome (the individual suboperons) are important to the operation of this gene MMSYN1 0637
- Possible Dependencies: This gene probably cannot be expressed without all of the basic components of the ribosome to accompany it MMSYN1 0002
- Process: probably optimizing translation
- Inputs: could not find solid sources
- Outputs: a hypothetical optimization protien