- ID: MMSYN1_0647
- Name: rpsM
- UniProt ID: A0A0F2BJ37
- Description: Ribosomal protein S13 is one of the proteins from the small ribosomal subunit. In Escherichia coli, S13 is known to be involved in binding fMet-tRNA and, hence, in the initiation of translation. It is a basic protein of 115 to 177 amino-acid residues that contains thee helices and a beta-hairpin in the core of the protein, forming a helix-two turns-helix (H2TH) motif, and a non-globular C-terminal extension. This family of ribosomal proteins is present in prokaryotes, eukaryotes and archaea. (eb.ac.uk)
- DNA Length: 372 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCA CGC ATT AGC GGG GTC GAG ATC CCT AAT AAT AAG CGC GTG GTT GTC TCC TTG ACG TAC ATC TAC GGC ATT GGC TTG CCA ACG GCT CAA AGT GTT TTA AAG ACG CTT AAC ATC TCG GAA GAT ATC CGC GTA AAA GAC CTG ACG GAA GAA CAA ATC AAA AAT ATC TCT ATG GAA ATT AGC AAG TAT AAG ACG GAA GGC GAA TTG CGT CGT GAG GTT TCG CTT AAT ATC AAG CGC CTT ATG GAG ATT GGC AGT TAC CGT GGT TTG CGT CAC CGT AAG GGA CTG CCA GTA CGT GGG CAA AGC AGT AAG ACG AAT GCA CGT ACT GTG AAG GGA CCG CGT AAA ACA GTC GCT AAC AAA AAA AAG TAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 121 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product:30S ribosomal protein S13
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- 30S ribosomal protein S10 [Mycoplasma mycoides] 206/100%/9e-72/100%,WP_013729797.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein:EG10912.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Protein is subunit to ribosome. Lower gene expression could lead to issues in DNA translation.
- Expression Level References and Description: File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx
- Expression Time: Right at the beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Gene encodes for protein crucial in ribosomes responsible for translation.
- Expression Time References and Description: (bscb.org/ribosome)
- Other Components: MMSYN1_0082: rpsT, 30S ribosomal subunit protein S20
- Possible Dependencies: One possible dependency of the ribosome is histidine biosynthesis because the ribosome requires amino acids in order to be of use.
- Process: Formation of 30s ribosomal subunit
- Inputs: 16s ribosomal RNA & the 30s ribosomal subunit proteins S1-S21(http://www.biochem.umd.edul)
- Outputs: 30s ribosome subunit
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file