From BioE80 Boot
- ID: MMSYN1_0648
- Name: rpmJ
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: Q48972 
- Description: This gene produces ribosomal protein L36, which is a key component of the rRNA transcription process. This individual component is one of the building blocks of the ribosome, which is important for pretty much every component of cellular function. This specific gene should be expressed early and often in order for the successful operation of the cell. Interesting to note, it has been expressed very prevalently through genetic evolution, and seems to a be a relatively universal component of life. 
- DNA Length: 111 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAG GTA CGT TCA TCT GTA AAG CAG ATT TGT GAT AAG TGC CGT GTT ATT CGT CGT AAA GGC CGT GTT ATG ATC ATT TGT GTA ACC CCC AAG CAC AAG CAG CGC CAA GGT
- Amino Acid length: 37 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: ribosomal protein L36
- Module: RNA polymerase
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: .
- Expression Level: Medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene serves the unique role in accelerating the work of the ribosome, which is useful in making the cell grow. However, all processes have to be regulated to some degree, and too much can cause too much translation
- Expression Level References and Description: 
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Because the cell uses this to augment essential rRNA translation processes, it should be available out of the gate in order for the cell to be able to grow quickly and efficiently. It does not make sense to hinder the cell's ability to synthesize proteins.
- Expression Time References and Description: 
- Other Components: All of the other essential ribosomal subunits are essential for the proper operation of the cells MMSYN1 0637
- Possible Dependencies: Dependent only on having the available resources to synthesize rRNA ribosomes MMSYN1 0002
- Process: This gene creates a sort of "ribosomal enzyme" that allows translation to happen more accurately and quickly
- Inputs: glucose, AAs, ATP
- Outputs: ribosomal protein L36