MMSYN1 0650 lmaymar
- ID: MMSYN1_0650
- Name: met_pdase_I: methionine aminopeptidase, type I
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: Since UniProt had multiple organisms that were mycoplasma mycoides, I blasted the amino acid sequence for mycoplasma mycoides to find the NCBI reference sequence, WP_017698332.1, and then searched for that in the UniProt database. 
- Description: Methionine aminopeptidase, type I catalyzes the release of N-terminal amino acids (preferentially methionine) from peptides and arylamides. It’s cofactors are metals, such as Co2+, Zn2+, Mn2+, Fe2+. 
- DNA Length: 753 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG ATC ACG ATC AAG AAC CAA GAA CAG ATT CAA AAA ATG AAA ATT GCG GGA CAG GTT TTG GCT AAG GGG TTG AAT CTT TTG AAA AGT ATG ATC AAA CCC GGT GTC AAT TGC TTG GAC CTG GAC AAA GCA TTC GAG GAG TTC ATC AAG CAA AAT GGC TGT GAA TCC AAC TTT AAG AAC TAC CAA GGA TTC CCA AAA ACG ATT TGC ATC AGT ATC AAT GAT CAG CTG ATC CAT GGG ATC CCC AAA AAT CGT ATC TTA CAA AAT GGA GAT ATT GTC TCT ATT GAC GCC GGC TGC ATG TAC CAG AAG TGG CAC GCG GAT TCC GCT TTC ACC ATG GTA TGC GGG ATT GCA AAT GAT AAA AAA AAT GAC ATT CTT ATT CGC GTG ACT GAA AAG GCG TTG GAT CTG GCA ATT GCA GAA TTG AAG CCT GGC ATC CGT GTT GGA ACG ATC GGG TCG ATC ATT CAG AAT TAT GTT GAA TCA CAT AAC TTT TCA GTT CCC CGC GAT TAC ACA GGC CAT GGC ATC GGA TTG GCG TTA CAC GAG GAT CCC TAC ATT CCA AAC TAT GGC ATT CCA AAT ACG GGG GTT CGT TTA CAG GAG AAT ATG GTC ATT TGT ATC GAG CCA ATG GTG CAG ATG GGT ACT TAT AAA ACA AAA TTG GCT GAC GAT AAT TGG ACA GTA TAT AGT GCC GAC CAC AGC ATG ACC GCT CAC TTT GAA CAT ACA ATT CTG ATT ACC AAG GAC GGT TGC GAG GTC TTA ACG AAG GAG GAA CGT TAG
- Amino Acid length: 251 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: Methionine aminopeptidase
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- methionine aminopeptidase [Mycoplasma feriruminatoris]/ Max Score 495/Query Cover 100%/E-Value 5e-177/Ident 93%, [WP_008362491.1]
- type I methionyl aminopeptidase [Mesoplasma chauliocola], Max Score 392/Query Cover 99%/E-Value 4e-136/Ident 72%, [WP_027875717.1]
- type I methionyl aminopeptidase [Mesoplasma florum], Max Score 388/Query Cover 99%/E-Value 1e-134/Ident 70%, [WP_023025478.1]
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG 10570 lmaymar.
- Expression Level: [High].
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Not much literature is available about the gene in mycoplasma mycoides, but deducing from the page on UniProt about the equivalent in e. Coli, it is extremely important for translation as it essentially helps cleave the methionine, the first amino acid in any protein, to the chain. Therefore you need a large amount of the protein in order for the cell to function correctly.
- Expression Level References and Description: File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx [] []
- Expression Time: [Right at the beginning]
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Again, it is essential for making all proteins, thus it is necessary during the entire lifetime of the cell and should be expressed early.
- Expression Time References and Description: []
- Other Components: None
- Possible Dependencies: The charge and size of the next amino acid. []
- Process: Protein synthesis
- Inputs: peptide with an N-terminal L-methionine, H2O
- Outputs: L-methionine, a peptide, H+
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file