MMSYN1 0653 dkm0713
- ID: MMSYN1_0653
- Name: rplO
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: Q6MSP3
- Description: This gene seems to code for ribosomal protein L15 , a protein that binds to 5S rRNA. It is needed for 5S rRNA to assemble onto a ribosome , and is a binding site for erythromycin on the ribosome. There seem to be equivalent genes in many different types of organisms . L15 interacts with 23S rRNA (domain II) in partially assembled ribosomal particles . L15 is part of the larger subunit for 70S ribosomes; the smaller subunit is 30S.. Interestingly, ribosomes can still be translationally active if they’re lacking this gene .
- DNA Length: 438 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAG TTG AAC GAG TTA AAA TAT ACG CCT GGG TCC AAG ACA AAA GCA ACA ATT GTC GGA CGC GGA ATG GCC TCA GGT AAA GGG AAA ACC GCC ACC CGC GGG CAT AAG GGC CAG AAC AGT CGT AGT GGC GGG GGA GTG CGT CCA GGG TTT GAA GGT GGA CAA ACG CCT CTG TTT CGT CGC TTA CCT AAG GTT GGC TTC ACT TCC TTG AAC CAG AAA CAG TAT ACA ATC TTG AAT CTT TCG GAC TTA GAG ACC TTG GGG TTA GAG AAG ATC GAC CAT GAA TCT CTG ATT AAT TCT AAG ATC ATT AAG AAT AAT GCT TCC CTG ATC AAG ATC TTG GCG AAC GGA ACA CTT ACT AAG AAG GTT GAT GTA AAA GTA AAC AAA ATT TCA AAG GCA GCT AAG GAT GCT ATC GAG AAG CTG GGT GGG AAG GTA GAA GTA ATT TAA
- Amino Acid length: 145 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L15
- Module: rRNA binding.
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10876.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Time: Late
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene is specifically involved with translation, so it will likely have to occur after other functions like transcription.
- Expression Time References and Description: "L15 is a late assembly protein" [source]
- Other Components: EG10883, (codes for L23, another protein of the 50S ribosomal subunit)
- Possible Dependencies: erythromycin [source]
- Reactions: (L1 + ... + Ln + ... + L36) -> 50S [source]
- Inputs: (L1 through L14) + L15 + (L16 through L36)
- Outputs: 50S ribosomal subunit
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file