- ID: MMSYN1_0663
- Name: rpmC
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/A0A0F2BMS9
- Description: The L29 protein is a component of the 50S subunit of the ribosome. L29 interacts with 23S rRNA and is photoaffinity labeled by puromycin, an analog of the 3' end of aminoacylated tRNA. L29 crosslinks to Trigger Factor (TF) and contacts the Signal Recognition Particle, but is not required for the association of TF with the ribosome. L29 together with ACP stimulates the binding of Tn7-encoded TnsD to attTn7, the insertion site for Tn7 in the E. coli chromosome. L23 also stimulates Tn7 transposition in vitro. A mutation in L29 decreases Tn7 transposition in vivo.
- DNA Length: 417 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCG AAA AGT AAG ATG CTG GAC TTA CGT AAT CTT TCG GTC GAT GAA CTT ATC AAA ACG AAT GAG AGT AAG CGT GCT GAA TTA TTT GCG TTG AAG TTTCAG GCG GCA GTT GGT TCT CTG GAA CAA ACC CAT CGC ATC AAA GAG ATT AAA AAA GAA ATC GCC CGC ATC GAG TTG GCA CTG TCC GAG AAG CGC CTG TCCGGG GAA AAC ACA AAT AAA GTA ATC AAA GCA GAC TAT AAC AAA GCC GTC GCC GAG GCT GAA AAA GCT GGG AAA GAA GTA CGT GCA AAA CAA CGC AAA TTTCTG GAA GAA CAG TAT GGA CAA CAG TCG CAG ACA GAA CTG AAC GAA GCA GAT ATT CAA AAA GCA ATG CAG GCG GCC GAG CAA GAA ACG GTT GAG CCG GACACC AAA GGC GAG ACT AAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 138 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L29 (subunit)
- Module: Ribosome.
- Closest homologous proteins: The top homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli protein EG10887
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: The gene product is a component of the 50S ribosome subunit, so its expression level is a limiting factor for ribosome production. Because ribosomes are produced frequently in cells, the expression level is high.
- Expression Level References and Description: Information from File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx. There are 264 counts of this protein per bacterial cell, making its expression level high-- sure of this choice.
- Expression Time: Right at beginning.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Cells must be able to produce proteins from the outset, and proteins cannot be created without ribosomes. Cells have ribosomes at the start of their life cycle, but more must by synthesized from the start in order to enable translation of other proteins.
- Expression Time References and Description: Reasoning based on fact that translation is crucial to cells at any point in the life cycle.
- Other Components in the functional module: MMSYN1_0809
- Possible Dependencies: Leucine Biosynthesis
- Process: L29 together with ACP stimulates the binding of Tn7-encoded TnsD to attTn7, the insertion site for Tn7 in the E. coli chromosome. L23 also stimulates Tn7 transposition in vitro. A mutation in L29 decreases Tn7 transposition in vivo 
- Inputs: Tn7-encoded TnsD, attTn7
- Outputs: aaTn7+TnsD
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file