MMSYN1 0664 Epinilla
- ID: MMSYN1 0664
- Name: rplP
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: UniProt ID: Q6MSN2
- Description: This protein binds directly to 23S ribosomal RNA and is located at the A site of the peptidyltransferase center. It contacts the A and P site tRNAs. It has an essential role in subunit assembly. The L16 protein is a late assembly component of the 50S subunit of the ribosome; ribosomes lacking L16 are translationally active. L2 is required for assembly of L16 into the 50S subunit.
- DNA Length: 414 Base Pairs (including STOP codon).
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTA CAG CCG AAA CGC ACG AAG TAC CGT AAG CCG CAT CGT GTA AGC TAC GAA GGC AAA GCG AAA GGC GCA AAG GAG ATT AAT TTC GGA GAG TTT GGC CTT ATG GCA CTG GAC GGA GCC TGG ATC GAC AAC CAT CAA ATC GAA GCA GCC CGC ATT GCC ATG ACT CGC TAT ATG AAA CGT GAT GGA AAG ATT TGG ATG CGT ATT TTC CCG CAT ATG GCA ATG ACC AAA AAG CCC GCG GAG GTC CGT ATG GGA TCG GGT AAA GGC AAC CCC GAA AAA TGG GTC GCG GTC GTT AAA AAA GGT ACA ATC ATG TTT GAA GTG GCT CAA GTA AAC GAG CAG GTT GCC CGC GAA GCC CTG CGT TTG GCG ATG CAC AAA CTT CCA ATT CGT TGT AAG TTC GTT AAA CGT GGC GAG AAT TAA
- Amino Acid length: 137 Amino Acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Large Ribosome Protein Protein uL16 / 50s Ribosome Protein L16
- Module: Functional Module is a ribosome.
- Closest homologous proteins:
MULTISPECIES: 50S ribosomal protein L16 [Mycoplasma mycoides group] 283 / 100% / 9e-97 / 100%, WP_011387540.1
50S ribosomal protein L16 [Mycoplasma leachii] 282 / 100% / 1e-96 / 99%, WP_013447960.1
50S ribosomal protein L16 [Mycoplasma mycoides] 281 / 100% / 4e-96 / 99%, WP_011166906.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: E.Coli equivalent: 50S ribosomal protein L16, EG10877 [Escherichia coli]
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This expression level is high due to the fact that the gene is an essential role in subunit assembly meaning that high expression is required for best assembly. The protein which the gene encodes for, L16 protein is a major late component of ribosome assembly.
- Expression Level References and Description: The gene's expression level was denoted as high in the M. genitalium model data. The gene expression were also annotated high in E. coli proteome.
- Expression Time: Early. Given that this gene is responsible for translation, the expression time must be early as this gene must be expressed in order to convert the mRNA into amino acids and make proteins. Also based off of how this gene is responsible for an integral role in subunit assembly, one can infer that this gene must be expressed early.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Functioning ribosomes are a critical component of producing new proteins: we need to produce more functioning ribosomes in order to synthesize later components and since this gene is essential for subunit assembly it is understandable that it requires early expression time.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate. Intermediate subunit must be formed as the L16 protein converts the intermediate subunit into a complete 50S subunit.
- Process: Protein Synthesis, Initiation in Translation
- Inputs: mRNA, 2 GTP, f-Met tRNA
- Outputs: mRNA ready for elongation, 2 GDP, Polypeptide (1), tRNA
- Reference: Prokaryotic Translation Initiation section.
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file
- UniProt, UniProt