MMSYN1 0665 EPinilla
- ID: MMSYN1_0665
- Name: rpsC
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: UniProt ID: F4MQN6
- Description: Binds the lower part of the 30S subunit head. Binds mRNA in the 70S ribosome, positioning it for translation. By similarity plays a role in mRNA unwinding by the ribosome, possibly by forming part of a processivity clamp. The S3 protein, a component of the small subunit of the ribosome, is surface-accessible and located on the head of the 30S subunit. It can be crosslinked to rRNA and nascent peptides as well as to IF3. S3 is the main target of modification by reaction with pyridoxal phosphate.
- DNA Length: 702 Base Pairs (includes STOP codon)
- DNA sequence:
ATG GGC CAA AAG GTT AGC CCT AAT GTC TTA CGT TTG GGG ATT GTA CGT GAC TGG GAA AAT CGT TGG TAT GCA GAG AAA GAC CAG TAT GTG AAG TGG CTT GAC CAA GAC ATC AAA ATC CGC ACT GCC TTA TTC AAA TTA CTT AAA GAC GCT GCA GTA TCG AAA ATC GAC ATT GAA CGC ACG ACC AAA GAT TTA ACA TTA TTC ATT AAG ACC GCG CGT CCT GCA ATC GTC CTT GGT CAA GAA GGC AAA AAT ATC GAA AAG ATT GTC CTT GCG GTC CGC AAA ACG GTT AAA AAT AAG AAG CTT ATC GTC AAT GTC CGT GTG ATC GAG ATT AAA TCT CCA GAC GCT GAT GCA ACT CTT GTG GCT CGT TGG ATT GGA GAA CAA ATT TCC AAC CGT GCT TCC TTC CGT ACG GTT CAA AAG CTT GCC ATT AAG AAA GCA TTA AAG GCA GGT GCG AAG GGA ATC AAG ACA GCT GTA TCA GGT CGC CTT GGA GGA GTT GAG ATG GCT CGC ACC GAG GGG TAT CTT GAA GGG TCT GTG CCA CTT TCG ACG TTA CGC AAT AAT ATC GAC TAT GCA CTT TAT GAA GCC CCC ACA ACT TAC GGT CAA ATT GGA GTA AAG GTC TGG ATC AAT CAC GGC GAA GTA TTT AAG AAA GAG CGT ATG AAT AAT TCC CAA ATC ATG GCG AAA CCC CGT ACA AAC AAA GGC GGA AAG CGT TAA
- Amino Acid length: 233 Amino Acids
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Small Ribosome Subunit 30s Ribosomal Protein S3
- Module: The module is a ribosome.
- Closest homologous proteins:
MULTISPECIES: 30S ribosomal protein S3 [Mycoplasma mycoides group] 468 / 100% / 8e-167 / 100%, WP_011166907.1
30S ribosomal protein [Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capricolum ATCC 27343] 466 / 100% / 3e-166 / 99%, CAA83692.1
30S ribosomal protein S3 [Mycoplasma leachii] 466 / 100% / 3e-166 / 99%, WP_013447961.1
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: E. Coli Equivalent: 30S ribosomal protein S3 EG10902 [Escherichia coli]
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Based on the gene's function, it has a high expression level because this gene plays an integral role in the process of protein synthesis - especially translation. Since the gene is used as one of the main component of translation and is used evertytime a protein is being synthesized, the gene's expression level is very high.
- Expression Level References and Description: The gene's expression level was denoted as high in the M. genitalium model data. The gene expression were also annotated high in E. coli proteome.
- Expression Time: Early. Given that the gene's function is to help position for translation and to aid the translation process which occurs all the time as protein synthesis is always occuring, the expression time would be all the time. Despite this, what is being built would require gene's used for protein synthesis to have very early expression time. In conclusion this gene aids in translation and would require an early expression time.
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Based on the gene's function, the expression time must be early because the gene aids in translation and in order to create any other proteins, the gene must be expressed. Protein synthesis is a process that occurs all the time within a cell and due to this the gene requires an early expression time because without it protein synthesis would not be able to undergo translation.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate.
- Process: Protein synthesis, Translation Initiation
- Inputs: mRNA, 2 GTP, f-Met tRNA
- Outputs: mRNA ready for elongation, 2 GDP, Polypeptide (1), tRNA
- Reference: Prokaryotic Translation Initiation section.
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file
- UniProt, UniProt