- ID: MMSYN1_0667
- Name: rpsS
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: F4MQN8
- Description: This gene encodes a protein, S19, which forms a complex with S13 that binds strongly to the 16S ribosomal RNA.  The gene is involved in the creation of small ribosomal subunits, which are used by the ribosome to read RNA.
- DNA Length: 264 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG GCA CGC TCG CTG AAA AAA GGA CCG TTC GTC GAT GAA TCG CTT TTT AAG AAG GTG ACA GCG GCT AAG GAT GGG GAA GTT ATT AAG ACC TGG AGT CGC CGT TCA ACT ATT TTC CCA GAA TTT ATC GGG AAA ACT TTT GGC GTT TAC AAT GGA AAG GAA TTT ATC CCG GTG TAC ATT ACC GAG GAC ATG GTG GGT AAC AAA TTA GGG GAA TTT GCT CCG ACC CGT AAA TTC GGT GGA CAC GGC GAT GAT AAG GGT AAA AAA AAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 88 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 30S ribosomal protein S19
- Module: Ribosomal Protein
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: This gene is integral in the translation process since it forms ribosomal RNA subunits. Because it's so critical to translation, we expect it to have high expression levels.
- Expression Level References and Description: Found in the Mycoplasma genitalium simulation results. rpsS shows up 345 proteins/cell.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It's part of the central dogma process since this gene forms proteins that compose small ribosomal subunits; therefore we expect this to happen early.
- Expression Time References and Description: Found the function of this gene from UniProt
- Other Components: Ribosomal protein S13. For JCVI: MMSYN1_0647
- Possible Dependencies: This gene is part of the ribosome module so one dependency is the RNA module since we need RNA before we can perform translation. Also need the 16S ribosomal RNA.
- Process: Involved in the translation process, but more specifically in the formation of small ribosomal subunits, which are building blocks of ribosomes and help read RNA.
- Inputs: Ribosomal protein S19 + Ribosomal protein S13
- Outputs: Module that binds to 16S ribosomal RNA.
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file