- ID: MMSYN1_0669
- Name: rplW
- UniProt ID: P10140
- Description: rplW encodes the 50S ribosomal protein L23. L23 is a binds to the 23S rRNA of the ribosome, surrounding the polypeptide exit tunnel (UniProt) and provides a docking site for trigger factor (in E. coli; Kramer 2002). (More details regarding rRNA, trigger factor).
- DNA Length: 282 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CAC ATC ACA GAG GTG CTT AAA AAG CCT GTC CTG ACG GAG AAG TCC TTT GCC GGC CAC AAA GAC AAC GTG TAC ACT TTT TTA GTT GAT AAA AAG GCT AAT AAA GTT CAA ATT AAG AAG ACG TTT GAG GAA ATC TTT GAA GTC AAA GTC GAG TCA GTG CGT ACC ATC AAC TAC GAT GCG AAG GAA AAG CGC CTG GGC AAA TAC GTT GGT AAG AAG CCA TCA TAT AAA AAA GCT ATT ATC ACG TTG AAA GAG GGA CAA AAA CTG GAC GTT CTT AGC GAT TTG
- Amino Acid length: 94 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
MHITEVLKKP VLTEKSFAGH KDNVYTFLVD KKANKVQIKK TFEEIFEVKV ESVRTINYDA KEKRLGKYVG KKPSYKKAII TLKEGQKLDV LSDL
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L23
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Equivalent E. coli functional protein: EG10883
- Expression Level: high
- Expression Level Hypothesis: rplW is a part of a functioning ribosomes, which the cell needs in order to build all proteins; a large number of ribosomes facilitates fast cell growth.
- Expression Level References and Description: M. genitalium model data; also annotated high in E. coli proteome.
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Functioning ribosomes are a critical component of producing new proteins: we need to produce more functioning ribosomes in order to synthesize later components.
- Expression Time References and Description: Research description above.
- Other Components: rplA rplA, ribosomal protein L1
- Possible Dependencies: tRNA ligase The ribosome requires tRNA to be produced and exist in order to be able to translate.
- Process: translation elongation
- Inputs: tRNA-aa, 2x GTP, mRNA, polypeptide(n)
- Outputs: tRNA, 2x GDP, mRNA, polypeptide(n+1)
- Reference: Alberts, et al. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 4th Edition Figure 6-66
- Predicted Translation Rate: 17787.34 au
- Design Notes:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file