- ID: MMSYN1_0689
- Name: gatC (Aspartyl/glutamyl-tRNA(Asn/Gln) amidotransferase subunit C)
- Organism: JCVI
- UniProt ID: A0A014MGF7
- Description: Allows the formation of correctly charged Asn-tRNA(Asn) or Gln-tRNA(Gln) through the transamidation (transfer of one amide group to another compound) of misacylated Asp-tRNA(Asn) or Glu-tRNA(Gln) in organisms which lack either or both of asparaginyl-tRNA or glutaminyl-tRNA synthetases. The reaction takes place in the presence of glutamine and ATP through an activated phospho-Asp-tRNA(Asn) or phospho-Glu-tRNA(Gln). 
- DNA Length: 294 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG TCG AAC CGT TTT AAT AAA GAG TTC TGG AAG GAG TTG GCT CAT GAC TTT ATG TTT GAA TTA AAT GAT GAG GAA CTG GAA AAC CTT ATG AGC GTG GAG GAT AAG CTG TTT GAC GAC TTT AAG AAA ATT ACC AGC ATT GAC ACC ACA GAC GTA GAA CCG ACG TTC TAC ACA GTG AAT CAG ATC CAT TCC TAT CTG CGC GAT GAT GAA CCT ATC CAG ACC AAC TGT CAA AAG GAA ATC CTT GAA AAT GCA CCG ACG AAG CAT GAT GAC TAC ATT ACC ATT GCC CGC GTC GTC AAG TAA
- Amino Acid length: 98 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Aspartyl/glutamyl-tRNA(Asn/Gln) amidotransferase subunit C
- Module: Protein biosynthesis
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Asp-tRNA(Asn)/Glu-tRNA(Gln) amidotransferase GatCAB subunit C [Mycoplasma capricolum] 186 100% 7e-60 92% WP_011387555.1
- Asp-tRNA(Asn)/Glu-tRNA(Gln) amidotransferase GatCAB subunit C [Mycoplasma capricolum] 186 100% 1e-59 91% WP_036432234.1
- Asp-tRNA(Asn)/Glu-tRNA(Gln) amidotransferase GatCAB subunit C [Mycoplasma feriruminatoris] 172 97% 4e-54 84% WP_008362560.1
- There is no homolog in E. Coli since amidotransferase is not used by that bacteria. The GatC gene in E. Coli is instead used for galactitol transport.
- Expression Level: Medium
- Expression Level hypothesis: The gene is an integral part of the translation process so we expect it to have relatively high expression levels. However, the reason why it's medium is perhaps to balance it with the synthesis levels of the other subunits that it depends on: gatA and gatB.
- Expression Level References and Description: According to the simulation for M. Genitalium, there were 62 protein counts/cell which places it in the medium expression level category.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Time References and Description: Although we don't expect this gene to be expressed right away (due to the fact that it requires substrates like aspartate-tRNA and ATP), the expression time is still early because it's involved in the translation process. .
- Possible Dependencies: L-aspartyl-tRNA(Asn) MMSYN1_0287
- Process: Formation of correctly charged enzymes asn and gln.
- Inputs: ATP, L-aspartyl-tRNA(Asn), L-glutamine, L-glutamyl-tRNA(Gln)
- Outputs: ADP, phosphate, L-asparaginyl-tRNA(Asn), L-glutamate, L-glutamyl-tRNA(Gln)
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score of your construct: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details: For example, had to use a rare codon to fix folding energy;
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file