Name: Sanura N'Jaka | SUID: sanura
- ID: MMSYN1_0779
- Name: ptsG
- Organism: JCVI 3.0 - Mycoplasma mycoides
- UniProt ID: MMCAP2_0779
- Description: Is a part of the phosphotransferase (PTS) system. Catalysis of the transfer of a phosphate group, usually from ATP, to a substrate molecule within the cellular membrane to facilitate in the PTS process of phosphorylation carbohydrates into the cellular membrane. This is nearing the end of the PTS system where the phosphate group is ready to be used as an energy source. QuickGO Kinase Activity
- DNA Length: 2235 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CTT ACC CAG ACG AAT AAA TCT AGT TTC AAA GAT AAG TTA AAG GCC TTC GGA GCC AAC ATA ATG CCT ACA CTG AGT AAG CTG TCA AAA GCT TTC TTG CTG CCG ATC GCT TTA TTG CCA ATA GCC GGT GTG TTT TTA GGT GTC GGA GCT GCA ATA GCG GCG AAT ACG CCG GAG CAG TCT GCA TTG TGG TTT ATC GGT AAG GTA ATG GGC AAT ATG GGG GAC GTT TGC TTC GGT AAT TTG CCA GTG CTT TTT TGT ATT TCT GTT GCT TTA GCC TAT ACC AAG GAC TCG GGC GTA GCT GCT ATA ACC GCC GTG GTC GGA TTC TTG GTC TTC AAT GGG GTC CAA GCG CCA TTA TTC ACA CAG GGG CAG GTA CAA TCG GAT AAG GTT TCT GAA TAT AGC CTG CTG TGG TAT AAG CAT GTA AGT AAT TCT CTT ACA GGT TCA AAC ATG GGT ATA CTT TCG TTA AAC ACC GGC GTG CTT GGC GGC ATA TTC GTC GGC GCC ATT GCT GCC AAG TGT TAC AAC AAG TTC CAC CAA ACT CAG CTT CCA ACA GCA ATT TCT TTT TTT TCC GGA ACC AAG CTG GTG CCC ATC ATC ACA TTC GTG GCT GTT ATC CCT TTG TCC TTT ATA TTT ATG ATG GCC TGG CCC GTA ATA GGT CTT GGG TTA AAC AAA TTT GGT CAG GTT TCT GGC ACC CTG CCT TAT GGT ACA GAC AGT CTG ATA TTT GAA ATT GTA GAG CGC TCG TTG GTC CCG TTT GGT TTA CAC CAC GTT TTT TAC GCG CCT TTA TGG TGG ACT AGT GCA GGG GGT TCT ATC GCA GAA GGA TTT AAT AAC CTG AGC AAA CAA TCT GAA GCC ATT CAA AAG GTA TTT GTA GAC TCG TAC AAC TCC CTT CAC GGG ACT CAT CAC ACT AAG CTT CAG GAG ATT ATC GAT ATC GTT CAG AAA AAT AAG GAA TTG TGG GGC GCT GTA GGT GAT CAG ATT ATC TCT CAG AGA GTC ATA GGA CAC CTG AAT ATT TTA AAC TTT ACC GAC GTT GAG AAA CTT GGG ATA AAC CTG GGG CGG TTT CAG TCC GGC AAG TTT GGA TTT ATG CTT TTG GGG CTT CCA GCC GCC GCA TTG GCG ATG TGG CTG GCC GCA CCA AAA GAA AAC CGC CAA CAA GTT TTT GGG ATA TAT TTC TCC GCG GCA TTC ACT TGT TTT TTG ACA GGT ATC ACC GAA CCA ATA GAG TAT ACA TTT CTG TTC GTC GCC CCA TGG TTG TTC TAT GGA GTA CAC ATG CCG TTG GCG AGC ATC GCT TTC TGG GCT ACA GGC GCC CTG CAA ACG CAT ATC ACT CAA ACA GTC TCA GGG GGT ATC ATC GAT TAC ATC GTG TTT GGC ATT ATC CCG TTC ATT TCG GGT GCA ATG AAA CCG ATC AGC GCT TTC GGT GTA CTT GGA GTA GCT GTG GTT CTT GCT CCT ATC TAC TTC TGC GCC TTC TAT TTC CTG ATC AAG TTA TTT AAC GTC AAG ACT CCT GGT CGG GAT GGC AAC GCT GAG GCG AAG CTG TAC ACG AAA GCC GAC TTC AAA GCC TCT AAA GGT CTT AAT GTT GAC GGT AGT AAG ATG TCG TCA AGC ACG GAC GAC AAA GAA CAG GCT AGA TTG GCG AAG GCA GCC GCC ATT ATT GAA TAC TTA GGT GGA GAG GAA AAT ATC GTA GAC GTA GAT TCA TGT GCT TCC CGG TTG CGG TTG ACG GTG GTT GAC GCC AAA AAA GCT GAT ATA GAT GGG ATT AAA AGC CTT GGT GGA ACA ACA GGT GCG TTA GTC AAG GGA AAT AAT ATA CAG ATA GTG TAC GGA GGA GAA CAG GAG GCC ATC AAG CCA CGC ATG CAG AAA CTG CTG GAA CAG CAA AGA CAG GAA AAG ATG ATG GGA CAC AGT GAG ATG AAA TCC GAG GAG ATG AAG AGT GAG AAT ATG TCT ATG ACA TGC GAA AGC AAT CAA GCC TGT GAT AAA AAG GAC GAA GCG TGC GGC TGT GAG AAG GAC TGC ATG TGT GAG GAA CCG AAC AAA GAC GAA GAG CAG CCA GTG AGT GAA ATG AAA GTT GAG GAA AAA GTA GTC GAT GAG ATG AAG GTA GAA AAG CCC AAG CAA ACA CGG ACC AAA AGT ACC AAG GCT AAG TCG ACT ACT TCT AAG TCG ACT AAG TCG ACA TCC AAA TCT TCG TCC AAG TCC ACA AAA AGT ACA TCA TCG AAA GCA AAA TCG ACC AGT TCA AAA CCG AAA ACT ACC AAA GCC AAG TCA ACG TCA TCC AAG ACT AAA ACA ACC AAG
- Amino Acid length: 745 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Glucose transport & catabolism.
- Product: PTS system, eiic domain protein
- Module: eiic domain protein
- Closest homologous proteins:
- Name: PTS system glucose-specific IIBC component, Max score: 3,676/Query Cover: 745/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 96.8%, A5JIZ1
- Name: Phosphotransferase system PTS, glucose specificIIBC component, Max score: 3,572/Query Cover: 745/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 96.7%, F4MQY6
- Name: Phosphotransferase system, EIIB family protein, Max score: 3,289/Query Cover: 745/E-Value: 0.0/Ident: 85.4%, L5LAZ8
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: Link to the identified E. coli functional analog of the protein encoded by the gene: EG10787
- Expression Level: medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since this gene is only transferring a phosphate group, a relatively small molecule from one molecule to another, it does not need a high expression level. However, since it this phosphate group can typically come from a large, intricate molecule like ATP, we will prefer a medium expression level over a low one.
- Expression Level References and Description: I was able to find my gene in the database. M. genitalium database
- Expression Time: At which time should the gene be expressed in the lifecycle of our organism? early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: We will generally want a pretty early expression so that the substrate molecule with the transferred phosphate group can be used. However, right at the beginning is not fully necessary and would not allow for any use of the ATP with the phosphate group.
- Expression Time References and Description: I used known functions and descriptions of the gene to come up with my own hypothesis of the expression time.
- Other Components: MMSYN1_0694
- Possible Dependencies: protein-N(PI)-phosphohistidine is a dependency of this gene because this is the protein that the gene is taking the phosphate group from to transfer to the substrate molecule, so it is a necessary part of the PTS process. MMCAP2_0779
- Process: The functional module takes part in the phosphorylation process of carbohydrates from the extracellular environment through the cellular membrane. The first step in the process is the original passing of a phosphate group from a phosphoenolpyruvate via a signal transduction pathway to the histidine protein, HPr, with the help of an enzyme. PTS system process
- Inputs: histidine protein, HPr
- Outputs: phosphohistidine
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file