- ID: MMSYN1_0806
- Name: rplL
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: P0A7K2
- Description: rpIL encodes for the 50S ribosomal protein L12, which is the binding site for several of the GTPase factors involved in protein synthesis (IF-2, EF-Tu, EF-G and RF3). As a result, it is essential for an accurate translation process . The 50S protein is involved in all stages of translation and helps protein folding after synthesis as well .
- DNA Length: 366 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG CCG ATT ACC AAA GAT GAA ATT ATT AAA GCC TTA GAA GAA ATG AAA TTA AAC GAA CTT AAT GAA TTA GTG AAG GCG ATT GAA GAC CAT TTC GGT GTT GTC GCG TCG GTG GGG GTT GCG GCG GCT GCG CCC GCA GAA GCC ACC AAT GCT GCA CCT ACC GAG GTA AGT GTC GTG ATG ACC TCT GTG GGT CAG CAA AAG GTG GCT GTG ATC AAA GTT GTG AAG GAG TTG ACC GGA GTC GGA CTT ATG GAT GCT AAA AAA ATT GTC GAC GGT ACT ATG CCA GTG ACG ATC AAA GAG CAC GTC AAA CCA GAG GAG GCA GAA GAA ATG AAG GCG AAA CTG GTT GAG GCC GGT GCA AGT ATT GAC TTA AAA
- Amino Acid length: 122 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation.
- Product: 50S ribosomal protein L12
- Module: Ribosome
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10873
- Expression Level: High
- Expression Level Hypothesis: rpIL is a subunit of a functioning protein and essential for accurate translation. It must be produced in great quantity in order to ensure rapid cell growth.
- Expression Level References and Description: From the M. genitalium model data and rpIW, a close relative of rpIL.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Level Hypothesis: rpIL is necessary for translation so it must be expressed earlier in the cell's lifetime in order to produce proteins that synthesize later components.
- Expression Time References and Description: Same as above.
- Other Components in the functional module: rplA; 50S ribosomal protein L1
- Possible Dependencies: Histidine biosynthesis, an amino acid, which the ribosome module needs to link.
- Process: Translation
- Inputs: mRNA
- Outputs: subunit of protein that contains series of amino acids
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file