- ID: MMSYN1_0832
- Name: pth
- Organism: JCVI
- UniProt ID: POA7D1
- Description: pth, or peptidyl-tRNA hydrolase, is a gene involved in lambda inhibition of host protein synthesis. This means that it may, directly or indirectly, be the target for lambda bar RNA which leads to rap cell death in times of excess cell populations. It cleaves a peptide its tRNA using hydrolysis. 
- DNA Length: 558 bp
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAG GTA ATT ATC GGG CTG GGT AAT ATT GGT AAA GAA TAT GAG AAG ACG CGT CAT AAC GCG GGG TTT ATC GCA ATC GAT CTG CTG TTG GAA AAG TAC AAT TAT TCC TCT GTC AAG CAG GAA TTC AAC TCC CTG ATC TAC ACT ACG ATG ATT AAT AAT CAA AAG GTA TTG TTA GTC AAA CCC CTT ACG TTT ATG AAT AAT TCG GGT ATT GCG GTA CGT CAA ATC ATT AAC TTT TAC AAG ATC GAC CTT AAT GAC TTA ATC ATC ATC CAT GAT GAT AAG GAC TTG AAT ATT TCG CGT ATT CAG TTC AAA AAA GAT GGT TCC TCC GCA GGT CAT AAC GGG ATC AAA TCG ATC ATT AAT AAT TTG CAA ACG CAG AAT TTC TAC CGC TTA CGC ATT GGC GTC AAC CAA GTG CCT AAA GAG TGG AAG ATT GTT GAC TGG GTA TTG TCC AAA TTT TCT GAC GAG GAA TTG AAT TTA CTG AAG CAA TCA TTC ATT GAT AAA ATT GAG TTC ATT AAC GAT TTC ACA AAC AAC AAG ACG TTC ATT TAC CTT ATG AAT AAA TAC AAC
- Amino Acid length: 186 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Translation
- Product: Peptidyl-tRNA hydrolase
- Module: tRNA
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli / JCVI functional protein: EG10785
- Expression Level: Medium
- Expression Level Hypothesis: It was difficult to find any information on expression level for the pth gene in E.Coli. I exhausted all possible resources (UniProt, EcoCyc, Google Search, M. genitalium dataset, and EcoliProteomic dataset) and was unable to find a close relative or a duplicate for this specific gene. I hypothesize that its expression level is medium, however, because it is a target for inhibiting lambda growth and killing cells when they exceed a certain population size. This must occur regularly but not an excessive amount, so there's no need for a high level of expressino.
- Expression Level References and Description: I hypothesized based on the gene's functions listed in its UniProt specification.
- Expression Time: Early
- Expression Time Hypothesis: pth is responsible for lambda inhibition within protein synthesis so it must occur earlier in a cell's life cycle.
- Expression Time References and Description: Again, I was unable to find any clear information on a gene's expression level/time, so I inferred from its function.
- Other Components: I believe this may be the only component of the tRNA hydrolase module because I have been unable to find anymore in our bioe80 boot!
- Possible Dependencies: Unkown
- Process: Dissociates tRNA from peptidyl-tRNA
- Inputs: N-substituted peptidyl-tRNA, H20
- Outputs: N-substituted amino acid, tRNA
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file