- ID: MMSYN1_0874
- Name: gidB
- Organism: JCVI (Mycoplasma mycoides)
- UniProt ID: gidB
- Description: Specificially methylates the N7 position of guanine in position 527 of 16S rRNA. Methyltransferases are enzymes that methylate their substrates which allows for strand differentiation. Bacterial rRNAs have several methylated nucleotides, and although the function of specific and individualized methylations is unclear, methylation affects transcription and protein-protein interactions 1.
- DNA Length: 696 bp
- DNA sequence:
ATG TTT AAC AAC TGG GAC ATC TTC TTG AAT TAC AAG AAT TTC ACG ATA AAC CAG GAA ATT AAA AAT AAG TTG AAT CTG TAT TAT CAA ATC CTG ATT CAA GAA AAT CAA AAG TAT AAC CTT ACC CGT ATA ACC CAA TTG AAC GAG GTC TTC GAG AAG CAT TTC TTG GAT AGT CTG CTT TTT GTC GAA CAG TTT CAG ATT ATT GAT CAG AAA ATT GCG GAT ATC GGT ACC GGC GCG GGT TTT CCT GGA GTC GTC CTT AAA ATT TTT TTC CCC AAT ATC AAG CTT ACC CTT ATA GAG AGC AAT AAC AAG AAA GCC AAC TTT CTT AAA TAT CTT GTT CAA AAA CTG GAG CTG AAC GAT GTC GAG ATT CTG AAT AAG AGA GTA GAG GAG TTA AAT GAA TAC AAG GAG CAA TTC GAT ATT GTT ATT AGT AGA GCG GTT GCG TAT TTA GAT ATC ATT TTG GAA TTG GGT GTG CAA CTG GTC AAG GTA GAC GGG ATG TTC ATT TTA TTA AAA GGC CCG AAG GCG CAT CAA GAA ATT AAA GAT TTG AAG AAT AAG GAT CAG AAG ATG AAC TTA AAA TTA GTC AAC ATC CAG GAG CTT GAG GAC ACG GGT TTC GGT ACC CGC GTG AAT CTG TTT TAC AAA AAA ATA GAC CAC ACA AAC AAC CTT TAT CCT CGG AAG TAC CAG CAA ATA CTG AAA GAG AGT AAA TAA
- Amino Acid length: 231 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: RRNA modification
- Product: Ribosomal RNA small subunit methyltransferase G
- Module: Methyltransferase
- Closest homologous proteins:
- ribosomal RNA small subunit methyltransferase G [Mycoplasma capricolum], 432/ 100% /1e-152/ 94%/ WP_011387639.1
- 16S rRNA methyltransferase G [Mycoplasma capricolum], 427/ 100%/ 1e-150/ 93% WP_036432528.1
- 16S rRNA (guanine(527)-N(7))-methyltransferase [Mycoplasma leachii],423/ 100%/5e-149 /93% WP_013448085.1
- Equivalent E. coli functional protein: EG10376 E- value: 6E-27, Identities: 34% .
- Expression Level: Medium (88 protein copies/cell).
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Since this gene is predicted to be necessary for methylation and strand differentiation during transcription, a medium expression is logical. It is not expected to be particularly high as it is not a gene particular necessary for the initiation of processes such as transcription or translation.
- Expression Level References and Description: NCBI 1, M genitalium protein count excel database File:MgenitaliumSimProteinCounts.xlsx
- Expression Time: Late
- Expression Level Hypothesis: Base methylation occurs late in ribosome maturation, and only occurs in highly conserved rRNA sequences. Since it is not essential in small prokaryotes, and only thought to improve accuracy, it is likely that this process will occur later in the cell cycle 3
- Expression Time References and Description: NCBI 3
- Other Components: rlsmG (gene not found on wiki) is the ribosomal RNA large subunit methyltransferase G responsible for methylation of 23S rRNA at the N2 position of the G1835 nucleotide.
- Possible Dependencies: requires intact 30S subunit for methylation
- Process: Stress resistant modifications
- Inputs: S-adenosyl-L-methionine + a guanine527 in 16S rRNA
- Outputs: S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + an N7-methylguanine527 in 16S rRNA
- References: Ecocyc 4, Nature Communications 5
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file