- ID: MMSYN1_0906
- Name: licA
- Organism: JCVI-Syn3.0
- UniProt ID: http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/A0A014KSQ9
- Description: This gene catalyzes the transfer of some material in the phosphotransferase system, which transports sugars into the cell. These carbohydrates will then undergo phosphoryl transfers, producing energy.  The gene also plays a vital role in the uptake of lichenan, a complex glucan occurring in certain species of lichens.
- DNA Length: 720 base pairs.
- DNA sequence:
ATG AAG ATC AAG ATC ACG AAA GGT GGT ACT AAT GTC TCT TAC CGC GTT GAC AAC ACT TTT TTG CAA ATC AAA AAC TAT AAC AAT TTC AAT CAC CAA ATC AAT TAC GAA CTG TTA AAG AAC TTT GAT TTT GTC CCA AAA CTG ATT TCC AAC AAC CAA AAG GAG ATT GTG TGG GAG TAC ATT GAT GGT GTA GAA CCC GTA ATC GAT CTG GGC AAC ATT AAT TTG ATC GCC AAT CAG ATC AAG CAG ATT CAT AAC TCA AAT CTG AAG TTC CCT GAC AAC AAT TTA AAG CAA CGC GTC GAG TAC TAT AAA ACA AAG ATG TCG GAA CTT AAT ACT TCA GTG GAA GTA ATT AGC AAA TAT GCG AGC TTG ATT GAT GAC ATT CTT GAT TCG ATG GAA TTC AAC ACG CCC TTA CAT AAC GAT TTG TTT CCA TTT AAT ATG ATC CAA ACC GAG AAC AAG ATT TAC TTC GTC GAT TGG GAG TAT GCA ACA ATG GGG GAT AAG CAC TTT GAG TTA GCA TAT CTT ATC GAG ACA TCA AAC ATG TCA AAT CAG TGT GAA AAA GTG TTC CTG GAT TTG TAC CGC AAC TAT GAC GAG CAT AAG CTG TTA CTG AAT AAG ATC TTT GTG AAT TAC ATT GTA ATT TTG TGG ATT CGC ACC CAA ACG AAG GCT CCA CAC AAT ACG ACA TTT TTC GAG CAA AAG ATT ATC AAC TAC GTT GCC AAG CTG AAC ATC TGA
- Amino Acid length: 239 amino acids.
- Amino Acid sequence:
Function and Homologs
- Functional Category: Lipid Metabolism.
- Product: Phosphotransferase system PTS, lichenan-specific IIa component
- Module: Transferase.
- Closest homologous proteins: The top (max three) homologous proteins to this protein, as identified by BLAST searches.
- Equivalent E. coli functional protein: EG11682
- Expression Level: high.
- Expression Level References and Description: Since the sugars that the protein helps travel into the cell are essential for powering the cell, high expression of the gene is needed. 
- Expression Time: early.
- Expression Time References and Description: Sugar is needed from the very early stages of cell growth to fuel the cell. 
- Other Components in the functional module: hrpK is also a part of the same component of the PTS MMSYN1 0821
- Possible Dependencies: ptsH is in the PTS, though in another component that allows the utilization of sugar. MMSYN1 0694
- Lichenan uptake and phosphorylation: Protein EIIA N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine + protein EIIB = protein EIIA + protein EIIB N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine/cysteine 
We will handle this - not part of your assignment
- Synthesis Score: The synthesis score: 1, 2,3
- Predicted Translation Rate: Prediction of construct translation rate from the RBS calculator
- Design Notes and Details:
- GenBank File: A link to the GenBank file. file